Neo-Cons Backing Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, May 5, 2007.

1. Gen X, whatever, elections are not won by swaying younger voters, the proof of that goes back to the late 60's and when the right to vote was given to 18 year olds...

Obama would have to win every state Kerry did, plus Florida and/or Ohio.

Simply won't happen if running against a white male republican who is moderate to conservative. The only way would be a strong 3rd party candidate pulling from the right...

Of course, you can bet all your money on Obama if you like...

IMO, the repubs fear Hillary much more than they would Obama in a general election in November 2008.

#11     May 6, 2007
  2. Yes, that is a true shame, a man of value thrown in the fire for some short-lasting heat.
    Let's all remember who the people were that instructed him to tell those lies to the UN-council. They willingly and knowingly burned him. He could have been the current president. Go figure.

Ursa..

#12     May 6, 2007
  3. great honest guy indeed but he had a choice to resign and that could have been a decent way to fulfill his duty to his country just as well, and he didn't... those choices u make...

#13     May 7, 2007
  4. Sam321

Sam321

Obama is just another smooth-talking poll-follower (and a tired liberal on top of that.) If the going gets tough, he’ll look at the polls. America can’t afford another poll-follower in ‘08.

#14     May 7, 2007
  5. blah blah blah...... rearden, why so quiet about ron paul? he won the debate according to abc and msnbc online polls. his message is extremely libertarian?

#15     May 8, 2007
  6. I've been quiet about <b>all</b> topics lately on ET. (Not posting much here).

I can stomach Obama when compared to the other popular/mainstream alternatives, but I certainly support Ron Paul wholeheartedly above all the rest, and I've already said so on these boards. If somehow Ron Paul is running strong in the primaries, I'll pose as a Republican just to vote for him.

I just don't think the people are smart enough to put a real leader in the White House, that's all. Women (over 50% of voters) generally love it when the government plays mother to us all- How's Paul going to get <b>their</b> vote? The Flynn effect would really have to kick into overdrive for Ron Paul to stand a chance.

#16     May 8, 2007
  7. dude .... why even get out of bed in the mornings? :(

#17     May 9, 2007