Neo-Cons Appear To Still Control Republican Candidates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 9, 2011.

1. This is why I like P&R, things are constantly evolving around here:D

#31     Dec 12, 2011
  2. Mr_You

Mr_You

Same here. Thinking about these psychological games, I'm guessing this is what 50% of the country wants to hear so they eat it up. Then months later the electorate mostly forgets about it and the newly elected candidate will (hopefully) come to their senses after their cabinet members have given them a reality check. Whats really scary is a candidate who begins to believe his rhetoric or extreme ideas.

Sadly I guess this is just the way the world works when you have a dumbed down electorate.

#32     Dec 12, 2011
  3. I detest both political parties. The mistake I've made is assuming that some of the anti-Obama crowd actually wants to end the status quo of out of control government spending. In reality, they really just want to shift that spending in favor of their neo-con agenda.

And FWIW, Mav has it correct as to the origins of the neo-con movement and those who stand behind it. It's pretty clear as to why the individuals who hate Obama also hate Ron Paul.

Crystal clear IMO.

#33     Dec 12, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Denner, the anti-Obama crowd is a very diverse bunch and a very crowded space. LOL. You have the cultural group that hates him. The fiscal conservative group. And the libertarian group. All three groups dislike him for their own specific reasons. And they call come together to form the ABO party. LOL.

#34     Dec 12, 2011
  5. I'm simply pointing out RCG's hypocrisy. I don't want or need a "free pass" from you or your ilk.

In your and others' opinions I am a neocon. In my opinion you and those who think like you are naive isolationists.

#35     Dec 12, 2011
  6. Denner, at the risk of spoiling my fun down here. It is all a game. What is really going is bigger than all us pikers here at ET, bigger than MF Global, bigger than the President.

Surely you have to know this.

#36     Dec 12, 2011
  7. So it is naive to follow our original charter about foreign wars?

Nice.

#37     Dec 12, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

I hate Obama, but don't hate Ron Paul.

#38     Dec 12, 2011
  9. You didn't pick up the subtlety of my assertion.

#39     Dec 12, 2011
  10. Yes, that's very true, but I was speaking more towards the vocal group around here that "breaks out in hives" when they hear the name Ron Paul. We both know the reasons why.

#40     Dec 12, 2011