neither TA not FA?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by i_c_fed_people, Nov 19, 2010.

1. What is a trend line? I think it is in a form of p(t) = a + b(t)

That is not going to work.

#51     Nov 21, 2010
  2. bone

bone

Highly correlated instruments. There is no 'holy grail', of course, but making trading decisions based upon the behavior of highly correlated instruments is a very powerful and woefully under-utilized technique.

And the best ones have never been mentioned here on ET.

Ever.

#52     Nov 21, 2010
  3. I have already answered this question:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=210707&perpage=5&pagenumber=16

#53     Nov 21, 2010
  4. Is statistical trading from a spreadsheet considered TA? honest question.

Es

#54     Nov 21, 2010
  5. Interesting question and on the surface I would say yes because of the use of statistical data.
    I wouldn't want to trade using it though.

#55     Nov 21, 2010
  6. I say the use any data created by the act of trading (such as price or volume history) regardless of how the data is manipulated (statistics, probabilities, indicators, supply/demand levels, pivot points, spreadsheets, etc.) would be considered technical analysis.

Any use of data not created by the act of trading would be considered fundamental analysis. This would include things such as news, rumors, politics, legislation, litigation, world events and weather.

#56     Nov 21, 2010
  7. This, along with both FA and TA - why not use everything at your disposal?

And agreed, the best setups I've yet to see here on this site.

#57     Nov 21, 2010
  8. Actually I know of a guy that successfully trades the EUR/USD using manually calculated pivot points in an Excel spreadsheet. His name is Steve Beaumont and he is a contributing author over at fxstreet.com

http://www.fxstreet.com/search/cont....aspx?id=965b2484-f26c-4dd1-92c1-cf95d3b12e94

#58     Nov 21, 2010
  9. I'd say so, but then everyone seems to have their own definitions, which can add to the confusion....

#59     Nov 22, 2010
  10. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Actually, there is a third way! It's called "Mathematical Psychology". No TA, no FA just "hearding" and "flocking" and the methods that capture behavioral patterns without using prices or news. I have been doing this for the last 15 years and to me it is the only way to trade.

Cheers,
    MAESTRO

#60     Nov 22, 2010