Neil Armstrong dead at 82

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 25, 2012.

1. <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ul87ieOZpaQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#11     Aug 27, 2012
  2. Outside the bubble is a new frontier in the Milky Way — the space between stars. Once it plows through, scientists expect a calmer environment by comparison.

When that would happen is anyone's guess. Voyager 1 is in uncharted celestial territory. One thing is clear: The boundary that separates the solar system and interstellar space is near, but it could take days, months or years to cross that milestone.

Voyager 1 is currently more than 11 billion miles from the sun. Twin Voyager 2, which celebrated its launch anniversary two weeks ago, trails behind at 9 billion miles from the sun.

I hope Neil's spirit is along for the ride.

Hard to believe this little technology has carried all this.

Each only has 68 kilobytes of computer memory. To put that in perspective, the smallest iPod — an 8-gigabyte iPod Nano — is 100,000 times more powerful. Each also has an eight-track tape recorder. Today's spacecraft use digital memory.

#13     Sep 5, 2012
  3. EON Kid

EON Kid

I'm not in the US, how much do they pay for such work?

#14     Sep 5, 2012
  4. hughb

hughb

Craigslist ads show that most non-skilled warehouse worker jobs pay in the range of $10 - $12 per hour. At the particular warehouse I was referring to, the pay is $19 - $20, it's a fortune 500 company.

#15     Sep 5, 2012