Negotiating w Prop

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by eagled, Sep 10, 2005.

1. eagled

eagled

I have been made the following offer @ a prop firm:

Its 10k down for the following:

Intraday-450K
    Overnite-80K
    Comm-.005
    99%payout
    Software-$50
    No hold on capital

Anyone have any words for me as far as their experience with deals available, the industry in general or things I should get in writing before accepting?

Thanks

Go Eagles!!

2. giannos

giannos

GO REDSKINS :D

3. some ppl on here might dog the 10k but overall thats not a bad deal. do you get to work with successful traders or is there some type of training?

4. make sure to get that no hold on cap in writing.
    everybody tells you that and later when u leave its sometimes a different story

5. does that include being in and office? if so thats a good deal

6. eagled

eagled

Its remote trading & training was not neeeded. Looking to hear from others if this is the best one can negotiate with firms.

7. NKNY

NKNY

Is this an llc firm ? Or do you need to be licensed...?

Nick

8. First, is your rate all-in or plus minus ECN pass through rates.

If its all-in, thats a great rate. If its plus minus ECN fees, then you could be getting a good or bad deal depending on the volume you trade. If you negotiated 450K during the day, would it be fair to say you trade between 100K and 250K shares per day, in and active strategy? Or do you have a strategy thats capital intensive without trading many shares?

Now, rates aside, what is the financial condition of the firm you plan to join? Have you seen their k-1 statement from last year?

To me, it sounds like a good deal, need to know more specifics on rate. And, whenever you put money with a firm, you shoudl have some way of knowing what their financial condition is. I think Don Bright woudl be a good resource on what things to check out, better than what I could suggest.

9. NKNY

NKNY

Just realized what I posted...lol What I meant to ask...is this an llc that does not require a series 7 license...?

10. Do prop firm have the rule that they have to hold your capital or what
    and why do they have to hold your capital for a year- ?

#10     Sep 11, 2005