Negotiated TOS/ThinkOrSwim Commissions

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by akeserla, May 6, 2010.

1. akeserla

akeserla

All:

Curious as to what commissions you got for trading options/stocks & futures. Also would be helpful what volume/commissions you generate.

I currently have 1.25$ for options, have not negotiate stocks/futures pricing.

Heard 1$ for stocks/options and 2.5 for futures. Infact someone mentioned .95 cents for stocks (not very sure) though.

Appreciate any responses

2. akeserla

akeserla

Anybody, any thoughts

3. akeserla

akeserla

Looks like the responses got deleted, not sure whether it was against site rules.. The only responses to this thread I was able to see were those sent as PMs.

4. tortoise

tortoise

well, can you share with the rest of us what you discovered?

5. akeserla

akeserla

Of the 2 pms that I got, it was on the same lines

1.00$ to 1.25$ commission per contract
    1.00$ for 100 shares.

Again, I was informed it was based off volume and also the rates offered are discretionary (so depends on your luck)

6. akeserla

akeserla

Well looks like TDAmeritrade is really tightening the belts, the commissions rates are no longer as flexible as before.

Finally here are my commission rates
    options: 1.25$ per contract (happy with it, had it for a while)
    stocks: 3 dollar minimum with .0125/share.

I was really interested in the 1$/100 shares for daytrading, as I like to get in/out with 100 share lots. Anyway, lightspeed is still my broker for stocks then :)

7. deerpark

deerpark

TOS for stocks i was able to get it 7 unlimited shares but that was 3month ago

8. lakai

lakai

$4 rt ($2 each side) for futures.

9. Volume?

10. lakai

lakai

I don't even trade futures on TOS anymore. I think i'm grandfathered in from 2 years ago.

#10     May 16, 2010