negotiated option commissions

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by starvingtrader, Dec 25, 2009.

1. I looked at IB before I posted. They only give volume breaks for over 10,000 options per month. And the volume breaks only apply to the volume over 10,000.

A simulation would only be helpful to compare published rates. I am looking for what the unpublished rates (i.e. negotiated rates) are for some of the brokers out there, specifically the more popular retail firms like ETrade, Scottrade, and Ameritrade.

Here is what was wrong. When you buy ONE contract, you don't have 100 options, as you stated. You have ONE options to buy 100 shares. Therefore, there is no difference between an option and a contract.

No, he is simply warning me that you don't have the social intelligence to:

1. stay in the background of a conversation when you don't know what you are talking about.
    2. understand that if I am trading 2,200 options per month then I don't need simple option mechanics explained to me.
    3. keep from contaminating this thread with needless rhetoric.

. . . and for that, I am thankful to him.

#11     Dec 26, 2009
  2. Such discussion groups are of course for discussions.
    If you post something and something in your posting is unclear to me then I take the liberty to ask. In the underlying case it was me who first replied to your posting, so I don't see a reason why I should "stay in the background" when it was me who initated the replies.
    I find your such answer unfair, but never mind, forget it. it just shows me and others your character...

#12     Dec 26, 2009
  3. When I said "stay in the background", I meant that you should not take the lead in a conversation that you clearly know nothing about. Discusssion groups, as you attemped to educate me about, work best when the replies come from educated people.

You didn't ask. You posted an answer that was wrong.

Your initating post is what I was referring to.

#13     Dec 27, 2009
  4. nitro

nitro

I was driving home on the highway, and there was one of those enormous billboards. I saw a bunch of writing but all my eye caught was ".10 an option." I did a double take (going 65 miles an hour this was not particularly wise but, .10 !!?? :eek: ) I caught a glimpse of the website.

http://www.eoption.com/#

I don't know anything about them. It is probably a scam (can't route your order etc and probably does not include exchange fees etc), but worth checking into.

#14     Dec 27, 2009