Negative reactions from relatives

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Nobert, Nov 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overnight

Overnight

This kinda' dovetails into something I think about many times when I go to the local store/out in public etc...

The people I am looking at staring at the produce in the grocery, or fidgeting with their cell phone while standing in line, or writing a check for 20 minutes at checkout (Move it, old lady!) have NO IDEA, have NO IDEA what it's like out there, and it's nuts, they're nuts!

(You know, the Cramer rant). I'll go into the store and look at the lady with the checkbook and think, "Lady, do you know how much the market moved today? Don't just look at the closing numbers, look at the intraday movement. Do you know how much money you could have made or lost on your 1 future contract in the ES (or whichever instrument) today? Or 10 contracts if you dare? Do you have ANY idea the potential that is at your fingertips, right there for the taking? Your 9-5 job is safe, sure, but it's boring, and low-wage"

There are soooooo many people out there who are oblivious to our trading world. It is beyond their pale, it is beyond their understanding. They will never get it.

As such, just keep it to yourself, because it would be over their heads anyways.

#51     Nov 30, 2020
  2. orbit23

orbit23

How many rich traders do you know?

He knows the odds are against you and some people just like to bully and press hard when they see weakness.

Your sister probably has good intentions and is genuinely worried&sceptical. For a good reason.

#52     Dec 1, 2020
    Nobert, murray t turtle and Dwayne like this.
  3. I would choose to ignore. My inner peace is much important rather than thinking about the wrong they did. You should never let the people become the reason for your sorrow.

#53     Feb 3, 2021
    Laura48 and Nobert like this.
  4. Laura48

Laura48

That's correct, nobody has got the right to affect our calm. It is best to ignore at times.

#54     Feb 9, 2021
    murray t turtle and Nobert like this.
  5. Exactly.
    We should never compromise on mental peace.

#55     Feb 11, 2021
    Nobert likes this.
  6. %%
    Depends on where they live;
    since 99.9+/ % in the US are considered rich by the rest of the world's standards.
    Actually the ''odds'' are against any business.
    True\short terrm trading may be amoung the hardest ways to make money/but i guess she doesn't know much about trading or business.
    And while she may have good intentions/most people that never did much business tend to be wrongly negative..............................................................................................[IF he was starting up a hedge fund\thats another subject/post\ My sister tends to be wise,not all are.:caution::caution: Thanks

#56     Feb 14, 2021
    Nobert likes this.
  7. easymon1

easymon1

Pee On His Rug.

#57     Feb 14, 2021
    Onra likes this.
  8. %%
    Those Flo Littauer books have many different covers
    And they are exceedingly helpful+ explain a lot:caution::caution::caution::caution:
    Thanks

#58     Feb 15, 2021
    Nobert likes this.
  9. GotherL

GotherL

Got parent who is a verbal abuse motormouth. She just never shuts up!

Trying to do a comparison example, but she is one of a kind. A true relic.

If you have ever seen arrogant old chinese parents that scold their kids, just picture that but 10x worse.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    #59     Feb 24, 2021
    murray t turtle and Nobert like this.
  10. thursday

thursday

Before I was into forex trading, I was actually that ignorant thinking that forex trading is basically me giving away all of my money and called it gambling because of the stroke luck of winning. But as the time goes by, I start getting more awareness about forex trading and before I knew it, I have been trading for a long time.

To be honest, it depends on various reactions. Some may brush it off, some may listen to you. All I can say is that you can try educating them about forex trading or anything general about that. If they are open to that idea, then that is a good sign, but you never know.
    I am that type of person who will never admit that I am wrong and that is never good because you do not want to be that ignorant. You have to open up and learn your mistake and mold and grow into that.

#60     Feb 25, 2021
    socool, pixel and Nobert like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.