Negative Divergence

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, May 13, 2008.

1. And away we go. Down. Those of you playing this way close to the vest should consider this a last warning.
    Todays trading has a similar feel to last week- run up the shippers and solars trap some folks up and then turn em over... investors in EXM this day are $2 or $3 down at least... this is institutional selling folks you can smell it-- it's smart selling in my view....

There are large Bearish divergences between the 10 day average Advance/Decline line indicator and prices in the NYSE & NDX. There is a Bearish divergence between the NDX and the Industrials as well. We have already covered that... but will we set up this week for a bearish Hanging Man Candlestick pattern? Why should stocks stop now? Well outside of lousy earnings, we are at an inflection point. If the S&P were to hold these gains this week and add a bit to it, we will have crawled back more than 50% of a big fall which is always a bullish sign and in doing so will have re claimed the S&P's 200 day, another super bull sign... both of course will be tough to do... that's why in betting on a fall here you would seem to have the odds in your favor. ~ stoney

#51     May 19, 2008
  2. Folks this is getting scary.

this is picking up steam. When I was typing my last update we had barely cracked now the Naz has lost 10 points in ten minutes and I have a lot of stuff I've been holding till the last possible moment to sell... this may be that moment.

In the words of Pepe' the short seller. 2:00 been berry berry good to me!~ stoney

#52     May 19, 2008
  3. nasti ASTI at a session low... SOLF $3 off high

$9 reversal in Dryships! $5 reversal EXM I think Kramer was just recommending these.... JRJC $3 off it's high you see I don't feel so bad about selling now... CHNR $2 off high, still feel bad about selling... my beloved DGLY has started to crack but I'm holding for dear life.... CRNT caught a downgrade and is busted wide open total profit gone thanks to an analyst... these are angry waters now... you can lose just if someone says something negative.... This apatite for risk the talking heads have been shouting about where is it now... Still too much $'s on the sidelines this cannot be the big break.... but within smallish index moves profits will be demolished and traders taken to the shed and back... ~ stoney

#53     May 19, 2008
  4. Hummmmmmmm.

It's time to put out hard hats on I fear, just has that feel... sudden declines for no reason always get people's attention as will two reversal days in three... most chart readers have been fired from there jobs at so there was little warning for the newly initiated at the brokers....

Still no one has a 2x Ultra short retail???? make me go to google why don't ya!

Here is the important CYCLE THEORY UPDATE!!!
    June 7 is the key longer-term cycle date. If prices turn lower this week the 7th or there's about should be the low.... that seems like a lot of time to me and that's why I'm a stressin so now....

The beauty of cycle theory is if we righten and make one more push June 7 becomes your puke date.... You can't lose! ~stoney

#54     May 19, 2008
  5. Ansare

Ansare

Hey, Stoney, being one of the true, uh,
    "Stonettes," I tried to find a 2x short retail for you and come up dry dry dry. I don't think there is one.

Ansare

#55     May 19, 2008
  6. This is the funnyest post. Im going to print it out and place it on my fridge.

#57     May 19, 2008
  7. Ansare

Ansare

Crap. So much for my research skills.

Thanks, Risky.

#58     May 19, 2008
  8. Stoney, All these stock picks and the ones that crashed were never talked about again. Then the ones that did do well were rehashed by your other nicknames.

Hey man, I can understand you attempting to pump these small float/small caps. Sometimes it works.

What happened to such Stoney picks like GSI? That one is down another 3% today after a sweet little waterfall selloff.

Oh man stoney, I looked and it looks like that thread about GSI has been scrapped.

#59     May 19, 2008
  9. Oh port I'm still in GSI. They scrapped it I'm sure because I told the truth I just followed A tip and got crushed. An usually reliable tipster told me they would blow out earnings and they flopped. Of course he also gave me ENER which went on for a $30 run I already owned it but I should of bought more... I got lured in a bit there jumping at the next one but we are all human. Anyone who has been a broker or worked closely with a broker or hedge funds knows we go through this kind of BS vetting each and every day. Guys call and talk up their book to a certain extent but they also all try to impress you so you get all kind of wild stuff. I'm actually very good at keeping all of this off ET so I'm a little ticked they removed the thread, it's a fine lesson in how to F up which is as important in how we find winners... but after today I'm just too damn tired to fight that fight with the mods... I sold for a fractional loss one lot I had a lower cost basis on but I'm stuck with the bigger one probably will have to punt that tomorrow. It hurts for sure. As you grow older Port you will learn that no one has a 100% hit ratio in the market; the art is to limit downside risk and get that hit ratio around 70% if possible. (and let your winners run!)

Thanks for the 2x retail tip! SCC..... sleepy volume but wouldn't you know nice downtrend busten looking chart! ~stoney

#60     May 19, 2008