Negative Divergence

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, May 13, 2008.

1. Kung Fu workouts. ~si

#41     May 16, 2008
  2. SubeRex

SubeRex

Is it the XRT that you're looking for?
    I don't think XRT is an ultra short etf tho.

#42     May 16, 2008
  3. S2007S

S2007S

its not XRT or RTH its......

UltraShort Consumer Services ProShares (SCC)

trading around $81 a share, is an ULTRASHORT 2X...

#43     May 16, 2008
  4. Your posts are probably written about the time the munchies set in. Huge negative diverenge > probably flatline for a while > smallcaps will roar. Uh, OK.

#44     May 16, 2008
  5. SubeRex

SubeRex

Thanks. The technicals are not looking too good. I think Roubini and Stonedinvestor are on to something here.

#45     May 16, 2008
  6. Ansare

Ansare

BullAlert, until you have 1/1,000,000 of the crediblity Stoney has, I suggest you keep the sarcasm to yourself.

#46     May 16, 2008
  7. OK, how's this for credibility:

(1) The technical indicators I look at show the market set up for a "BIG" negative divergence.

(2) The market will probably flatline for a while.

(3) Small caps will roar.

Kind of covers all the bases, right. Guess it's called a hedge.

#47     May 17, 2008
  8. Then you are not a short term trader. Selling daytops, means aiming for part/whole of day range. If one can call day tops, you know that he can also call bottom if a rising market. I called the exact tops (at the right time) 6 days out of 10 using a 1-minute chart. If I am lucky, I should play lottery instead as my probs were be better in a lottery.

#48     May 17, 2008
  9. Stone:

Just to tell you that you are right, and that there are many idiots (even at ET). Market is the opposite of a democracy from a profit point of view: the minority wins and the majority loses. From a loss point of view, it is a democracy: losses paid by the people to a minority of people :D

#49     May 17, 2008
  10. Ansare

Ansare

BullAlert,

Know the phrase "body of work?"

Wise are those who do not judge based on small samples. You did. And it's an IQ test--which you failed.

Ansare.

#50     May 17, 2008