Negative Divergence

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, May 13, 2008.

1. stoney - u always have an interesting (and often correct) viewpoint.......how bout creating a journal, so you can post all your thoughts and trades on one thread..........just a suggestion.

#11     May 14, 2008
  2. Chew I've thought about that but when I try to read those journals I just fall asleep. And there's something haughty about them. I'm not into systems or tech analysis that is not based first on an interesting premise
    and furthermore one has to be honest and say there is downtime when you just don't want to force a trade and then that journal would be a real Zzzzzzzz. This way it's always a nice surprise when you find me. And to this up wonderous day I just have to ask... WHERE IS THE F*ING VOLUME! WOW UNDER A BILLION ON THE NAZ DID I JUST HEAR THAT RIGHT? Anyway I have gotten a few private requests from near panicked friends "but stoney, a risky name you are still holding... there must be something out there...." to which I reply, well there is that DGLY I told you about.... Police cameras in the cars, makes for good tv and good investments... watch that under the radar name no coverage I don't think but dear oh dear that one looks yummy and in a completely dangerous move I have about 20% of my high trading account in this name... so that's a good old fashioned overweight. Small China steel play GSI I got a partial fill on a limit so pissed whenever that happens they kiss the sky earnings tomorrow might just kick it out then assuming they are good.... might also add if we have a down day and just decent earnings really like the chart... and CRNT my wifi play still love that head and shoulders bottom... ~stoney

#12     May 14, 2008
  3. Ansare

Ansare

Couldn't agree with Chewy more. If you have the time and inclination, Stoney, it would great.

Ansare

#13     May 14, 2008
  4. FOLKS THE SELLING HAS BEGUN. If you are in the junior solars or the shippers GET OUT!!!

Likewise oil is done. If you are in the oil trade I think sit tight the DUG is not budging but If you play the commodity wrap it up last one out the door is going to have a bruised portfolio.... BIG DOWN BARS are hitting the indices there was never enough volume. ~ stoney

#14     May 14, 2008
  5. STONEY NAILS IT AGAIN!!!!!!

#15     May 14, 2008
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Stoney, not only am I in DUG but Im in SMN and DEE as well...

Will be adding more SMN on anything below $28 this week if it does drops there. Remember though, DUG doesnt do the opposite of oil but rather the oil stocks. DUG back to $35+

#16     May 14, 2008
  7. gobar

gobar

i didnt see this thread early...

where was this thread...

i sold all my puts in afternoon area..

#17     May 14, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

going to an interesting close....

:eek:

#18     May 14, 2008
  9. It was darkly hilarious to see a big rally on the "good" inflation news.

The money managers are like any other business in that they want to put cash to work to generate profits. The only way for most of them to do that is buy stocks that go up. They've got cash built up after this year's selloff and have been trying/hoping to push this pig of a market higher but there's really nothing to get excited about.

The people who run big money feel pretty great about things. They're doing just fine. The economy is ill and our political situation is a total disaster but that doesn't impact them. So yeah, what the hell - buy stocks! Meanwhile, $130 oil & $4/gallon gas, hugely higher food prices, and "flat" inflation for the Unwashed Masses. We live in interesting times.

#19     May 14, 2008
  10. S2007S

S2007S

The money mangers are always sounding as if the economy is doing great, especially the number of them on cnbc...food prices are the highest in 18 years, energy continues to run higher and higher and they think the economy is just going to run along like it has for the last 5 years.

#20     May 14, 2008