Needtoknownews

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Toonces, Feb 17, 2005.

1. TraderFL

TraderFL

I have been with NTKN for 5 months and am very happy with service. I use the service mostly for economic reports so it suits me fine Before that I was using Trade the News since 01. Was happy with service at first but like others on the post service, TTN got worse every year. I felt the price they were charging was not worth the service I was getting. The also tripled my price a couple of years ago without even telling me. When I questioned them, the reponse from TTN was there isn't anybody else offering the service and they need to raise prices. They were right and I stayed with the service until I found out about NTKN. It was only a matter of time before another service came along.

#21     Feb 18, 2005
  2. You just exposed yourself by saying US. Showing you are an employee of TTN or have a vested interest. I think NTKN gives much more in trading ideas with announcements of stocks making moves, and their Washington guy is always ahead of everyone with their numbers.

#22     Feb 25, 2005
  3. froggie

froggie

Funny girl, pardon me but you make no sense! LOL..this whole thread is funny...lol...FG certainly works for TTN.

#23     May 21, 2005
  4. Moreagr

Moreagr

do these services provide timely info of single stock breakouts based on a news??or is the news lagging and the move already made?

#24     May 21, 2005
  5. Casey30

Casey30

I actually use both currently in my trading group, since there is a human element to this, neither one is ever perfect. However I think NTKN is much better with valuing the customers they have. Before NTKN was available as a competitor, the owner of tradethenews really took advantage of people, charging insane rates, and basicly blowing people off if they have a problem. I have seen many instances where each service comes in with a call and the other is much later, again human error will always play a role in this.

Think about those people scanning bags in an airport, how tedious that job is, and they always miss stuff. I kind of liken the news guys to this, I don't really get too upset with an error of a missed call since I have multiple services backing each other up.

Speaking of multiple service, does anyone know of any other audible news services available???

#25     May 21, 2005
  6. We work with a firm that provides real time news, rumors and information throughout the day, also they provide daily and intra day upgrades/downgrades and morning summaries about anything and everything associated with the market. If you are interested PM me and I will refer you to the site...

They use a chatroom kind of delivery system so you get the info as soon as they do... As of now has been working very well .. They offer a 2 week free trial so it is worth the shot...

#26     May 24, 2005
  7. Futurestrader71,

How much is it?

#27     May 24, 2005
  8. I haven't checked lately, but I think it is around $95 per month. They offer a 2-wk trial. I definitely recommend trying it since you can choose to listen to either equities or futures coverage. Go to: www.needtoknownews.com and get the trial to check for yourself. Different people might find it of different quality or use to them.

#28     May 24, 2005
  9. Need to know news gives sharp up and down moves as they happen all the time along with the breaking news. I recommend it highly

#29     Jun 1, 2005
  10. I want to go on record to say that I have cancelled NTKN and do not recommend them. Their service is beyond poor and their quality people have moved to Trade The News.

If you want to subscribe to trade the news at a 30% discount, you can use coupon code MA0107. The credit/FX channel is what I listen to and Greg's coverage is as good as it was with NTKN.

Be sure to understand their cancellation policies to avoid disputes later. I am not affiliated and I don't gain anything by recommending them.

Good luck.

#30     Dec 13, 2006