Needtoknownews

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Toonces, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Are you for real?

Personally I've never once seen FuturesTrader71 say anything that didn't pretty exactly line up with my personal experience. He's one of the few people on here that I know for sure trades profitably just by the information he shares.

so when he speaks about things I don't have direct experience with I usually at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

In this case I have direct experience with both services. Our trading shop has had both and ended up going with NTKN in the end. I am not saying that TTN was bad or anything like that but everyone in the room seemed to prefer NTKN. Personally i'm sort of indifferent on the topic of news. We also listen to the futures channel.

I have no affiliation with NTKN of any kind and no desire to be a salesman. In fact i would suck as a salesman.

#11     Feb 17, 2005
  2. Calm down, my friend. The economic figures are broadcast over both futures and equities channels by the same voice. I think I mentioned that. Read my post above where it says,"The economic numbers are announced across both channels at the same time. ". They don't have two separate broadcasts for economic figures, geopolitical news, important announcements/speeches, closing imbalances and earnings reports. These are all broadcast simultaneously to both channels, so I think I would have heard an error. But then again, I have other things going on that might have led to missing it. Besides, I have NTKN on my instant messenger and one of the managers is always available to me for clarification, critique and comment.

What campaign am I buying an ad for? As in all my posts, I provide objective views on trading, equipment, software, methods and anything else that is the topic of discussion. The topic of discussion here is NEEDTOKNOWNEWS (read the heading).

As far as sitting around and doing nothing, I would say that you are as qualified at making that statement as you are qualified to compare two independent news services without having had experience with both. Most likely, I was a TTN subscriber before most people were aware of that service. How long have you been using them?

Actually, I trade full time every day out of my own office inside a direct clearing firm within the Chicago Board of Trade building. I scalp futures and currently churn out around 1200 or so roundturns a day. I trade index futures, to be exact and my other posts will reveal that to you. Besides trading, I am running a prop group consisting of traders who also scalp my corporate trading accounts in addition to hiring and mentoring new traders as employees. My group and I push close to 1MM roundturns per annum. You are not making your accusations against someone who occasionally trades at retail prices.

Like I said before, I am not related to NTKN. Just a customer who believes that they provide an excellent service for the cost. My opinions are objective and are based on everyday experience with both services.

I normally don't respond to posts such as yours, since at this point it is obvious that you are not able to answer my previous questions and the conversation has already ended. However, I felt it necessary to clarify that my bias is as an active professional trader who has used both services.

As I indicated, I respect your opinion and my questions were not a personal attack (which it seems by your reply you perceive them that way). I wanted to understand what your bias is founded on, since I made it clear where I'm coming from.

Alas, I still respect that you are fond of TTN (regardless of your direct relationship or otherwise) and hope that you are getting what suits your trading needs from it. Your original post involving TTN in this thread was one-sided and off-topic and I felt it necessary to provide another viewpoint.

I personally believe that if you are a paying customer at TTN, you will find that NTKN is the best thing that could have happened to you. TTN is trying very hard to run a tighter ship while offering more to their customers without dropping its high fee. You should be satisfied. Healthy competition is good for everybody (unless you are connected with TTN - hence my questions).

We are way off topic here. The OP was asking about possible technical issues with NTKN not TTN. I provided some advice since I had the same problem. If you wish to further discuss TTN with some intelligent and objective insights, I recommend you start another thread in this forum. I would be happy to contribute there as well.

As I said, I respect your opinion and was simply trying to get some background to support your views. If you are not able to respond without going off on a tangent or making unfounded accusations, then I have my answers and will not continue in this discussion. My personal belief is that you have a vested interest in TTN on some level and feel the need to defend a service which in your opinion is better than "others".

Wishing you the best in fulfilling your desires.

#12     Feb 17, 2005
  3. Thanks, Hacker. I would definitely bomb as a salesman as well.

I try to provide value to ET by sharing what I can without compromising my business. I think one of the greatest shortcomings at ET is the persistent need here by many to use personal attacks when there is a conflicting bias.

I find that a conflicting bias is enlightening; much like taking a loser. I welcome it because it gives me feedback on my own belief structure. I think a successful trader must be the most objective thinker in the professional world. A trader cannot afford to only look at one side of the equation and close his intellect to the opposing idea. A trader must welcome it and be ready to stand aside and be neutral until further information is available or flip if that is what will yield the best result. Often times, members here stick to their guns on a prediction, bias or opinion. I find it hard to believe that this behavior isn't representative of that member's inability to flow with the markets - a key to making money in this business.

I think the ideal place for traders to share their ideas is where any given idea/viewpoint/bias/opinion can be discussed with inquisitive critique and objective comment. ET provides a great structure to have that discourse.

Anyway, I think that overall, I have taken as much out of ET as I have tried to provide in knowledge. I definitely appreciate your kind comments. [/RANT] :)

Best wishes on a prosperous year.

#13     Feb 17, 2005
  4. traderob

traderob

FWIW,
    I used NTKN for a while and Futures71 was in the chatroom (handle FT71) - in other words he is a customer, not a salesman.

They promised to have european news as well and once they do that - start time from 4:30am EST- I'll rejoin.

I have also used TTN and found them excellent.
    Both services are professional and give value.

#14     Feb 17, 2005
  5. I was wondering where you went. :) I remember chatting with you in there. These days, I join without putting in a handle, so I can listen in without seeing who else is there. That chat interface is being replaced. On first look, it appears that there is nobody in there except for a dozen people when the great majority actually listen without joining the chat.

I hope you are well.

#15     Feb 17, 2005

6. You are wasting your time with funny_girl. The only thing someone with this kind of inferior intellect appreciates is the fact that you just took about 30 minutes to craft a long response and it was in vain. Ignore the idiots around here and listen to the people who know what they are talking about. It is sad that so many of these guys on ET act like big swinging dicks when they are far from it. But yes, I do agree that funny_girl might have some kind of vested interest in TTN, but I really don't care. Do you??

#16     Feb 18, 2005
  7. I appreciate the effort that you took to make your post, and your contributions here.

OldTrader

#17     Feb 18, 2005
  8. Our only interest is that we have been a client of tradethenews for many years and they have gone above and beyond for our shop and myself. Based on experience they are a very well run company (there are very few companies that reach such a level of quality and consistancy as we all know) In our own interests are tired of seeing you pretty much use this as a launch-pad to get free advertising for k2k rather than have an intelligent conversation about specifics.

I know I have probably made 1/2-3/4 million dollars off TTN over the years and have been SAVED with their insight i'm sure a lot more. Not sure about my group but i will tell you we are more concerned about TTN being on than the lights every morning. They have had their on and off days over the many years but so has bloomberg or any other service.

Having heard both, there is a clear difference in the depth and experience of the analysts and we want the company to continue to give us the edge for years to come.

If you were such a large trader like our group you would probably NEVER even come here to read anything here at ET. The the only reason I came across it was from a link from a new trader friend that she saw these links...

#18     Feb 18, 2005
  9. marky1

marky1

From experience, I find Need to Know News better, I have no affiliation with either, just my 2 cents worth.

#19     Feb 18, 2005
  10. Interesting.... now you are speaking for some collective. "I" was replaced with "we". And "my" with "our". At least you read my reply carefully enough this time to feel that you need backup.

I believe the other posters here are correct in their opinion that I should learn to better filter those who know and those who don't. I attempted to get specific reasons why you find TTN superior. I was interested because I constantly evaluate my needs and go to the best. So far, you are unable to provide any specifics. All of a sudden, you have experience with "both".

I don't use ET to advertise for NTKN. NTKN is a paying advertiser on this board (Andy@NTKN). I'm providing feedback on a resource for other traders. You on the other hand are worried that TTN will lose customers for whatever reason. Traderdawg, it is obvious. I believe in the end both services are evaluated by others based on their quality and not this or another discussion on ET. For some TTN will work and for others NTKN will do a better job.

If your edge is in the news service you use, then I would re-evaluate your trading plan.

You will receive no further replies from me. There is a gap-down in logic on this chart. :)

#20     Feb 18, 2005