need working code to send trade signals from AMIBROKER.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bharatk8, Nov 27, 2010.

1. bharatk8

bharatk8

I am not able to forward your PM.Shall I copy paste it here?Are you using/contemplating using another software for auto trading?

#11     Dec 2, 2010
  2. Go ahead and post it here.

I am using JSystemTrader now. Did some research on Tradelink and Maketcetera. google them, you will find them. They are free. JSystemtrader is simple, is easy to look inside what is going on, is easy to make changes you want.

#12     Dec 2, 2010
  3. bharatk8

bharatk8

PM of adadadog posted as per his permission.

1. I tested it in auto trading for around 1.5 years. It constantly gave me good results in backtesting and failed miserably in forward testing.
    2. It is biased toward forward-looking, i.e. exiting a long at highest point of a bar and exiting a short at lowest point of a bar.
    3. The connector between IB and amibroker is in beta version for many years, that means amibroker does not want to be liable for any loses due to faulty software.

#13     Dec 2, 2010
  4. The point I'm making is that the code is intertwined. No one is gonna give you working code for the API to amibroker without giving away their strategy because the code calls the API and has to be implemented in loops. So nobody with anything good is going to be able to give code away without exposing their systems logic. Its all a mess of code with AFL. Its not like you can hide the functions logic like some other languages.

#14     Dec 2, 2010
  5. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

I love the ongoing IB and Amibroker bashing. Always an entertaining read. Just for the records:

Amibroker api software module to connect to IB is marked BETA, but not because of the software being beta status, but because of .... well read for yourself:

http://amibroker.com/at/index.html#BETAFAQ

So let`s forget about Amibroker, what`s the latest hype for an obscure overpriced never-heart-before software?

Regards

Hittfeld

#15     Dec 13, 2010