Need to upgrade or replace trading computer!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andytk5, Jul 29, 2010.

1. andytk5

andytk5

This may be a dumb question but would I find that under Basic Bios, Advanced Bios, or Peripheral for it to list the drives in there numbered sata slots?

Should that be in IDE config?

#51     Aug 24, 2010
  2. andytk5

andytk5

Ok under standard CMOS Features:

It lists SATA 0 HP DVD, SATA 1 WDC WD5000AAKS-00A7B ( harddrive),, Halt On All Errors.

Changed first boot to CD rom, second to HD.

still get the "no - Drives" but before it would have a quick screen listing the 2, then go right into "windows loading files"

now just giving the wondows loading then back to the begining.. but the drives are listed when it does its run thru list

I think the Jimcron message is about PATA drives so it shouldn't find any, but why wont it load windows?

#52     Aug 24, 2010
  3. Very sweet!!

#53     Aug 24, 2010
  4. Maybe. Add a little for shipping and an OS, price comes to around $1,400. I'd have rather spent ~$800 (maybe only $650 if patient) on a Dell T3500 w/NVS 295 video cards.

#54     Aug 24, 2010
  5. For a comparable system on Dell it is well over $1400. Price it yourself. I don't know where you're coming up with $800/$650. Core i7, 4MB DDR3 memory etc.??? I priced his scream machine on Newegg for around $1K (without shipping).

#55     Aug 24, 2010
  6. You obviously don't know shit, or your wouldn't make such a statement. I don't lie (well, not often... things like when the wife asks, "do does my butt look big in these pants"?, you HAVE to lie... but not on this issue.)

#56     Aug 24, 2010
  7. No need to price anything, this machine will do it all and it's ready to go.

http://tinyurl.com/287mofo

Very quiet, its almost not worth selling but if its just going to sit and collect dust....... I really miss the third monitor but oh well I need to be able to pick up and go and not worry about whether I meshed the data properly.

#57     Aug 24, 2010
  8. On a BIN, it's a deal at $460.

#58     Aug 24, 2010
  9. andytk5

andytk5

So....

The windows 7 disk gives me "windows loading" then boot menu on my dell but says "64 bit OS not capatible wit this cpu" No kidding, but at least that shows the disk isn't the prob, so maybe something with ram, maybe need to tweak bios for this particular ram? 1600Mhz (3) 2 gig sticks, set up the way EVGA describes, tried pulling 2 sticks and sticking with one in main slot, same thing..

#59     Aug 24, 2010
  10. This is a classic. Decide to do a BIY... have some glitch(s) along the way, and tear your hair out trying to come up with a solution.... struggling to find competent help... not to mention the warranty thingy.

Schadenfraude... don't you just LOVE IT when there is anguish and annoyance due to not taking sage advice?.. :D

#60     Aug 24, 2010