Need to trade 24 hours a day. What and where???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LodeRunner, Mar 4, 2006.

1. I've been playing around a little with day trading and short-term interday trading stocks. Made a couple bucks, nothing too exciting. I've only got around $7k of capital at the moment. Obviously, I haven't been doing a heck of a lot of day trading with $7k... damn $25k rule...

I do have, however, a very good friend of mine who just got his MS in computer science and is now working for the NSA (seriously.) One of his specialities is writing programs to analyze graph functions, so I've managed to convince him that we could make some serious money if we work together. I'll do the research, he'll do the coding. We may eventually do automated but right now the plan is just technical analysis. We haven't completely decided whether we'll stick with equities, though.

Anyway, long story short I work the night shift and there is nothing, I mean absolutely *nothing* to do, and today I find out we just got broadband internet access! I'm posting this from work right now.

So basically, it'd be really awesome if I could find a market open during my overnight shifts (9pm- 7am EST.) I know there's forex, but from what I hear that's pretty cutthroat... then there's the e-mini, but if I'm not much mistaken that's out of my price range... so what else is there... foreign markets?

What would you all suggest?

2. HSI
    SGXNK
    Currencies
    SPI

3. NIKKEI index Futures after 7:00 pm I think