need to obtain seed capital

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by top_playa, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Hi all,

Has anyone here ever borrowed money to trade? If so whom would you recomend?

All replies and snark welcome.

tp

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I hear Tony Soprano has cash to lend.
    The interest rate is high though and unless you like riding in the trunk of a car you darn sure want to pay him back.

3. x2012

x2012

You joined the site 5 years ago...enough said

4. Thank you for your elite observation about my status here but its irrelevant to the point of my question.

I know for a fact that there are alot of members here who have at one time or another come up short due to circumstances. I am curious as to whom people turn to lean on.

I'm personally doing great with my business, but I hate when people ask me for money. I guess that I like to be an enabler.

:D

5. Since you're doing great, why don't you use your own money?

6. Friends & Family.

7. mark2

mark2

First depends on how big of trading capital you are looking for.

Second, With a min of $5000-$10000 initial capital in a trading firm account, you should be able to borrow margin and have enough trading capital for you to start small....To me, $25000-$50000 is already a good enough account size range to make a living with....

So, ask around... guess if the money you are looking for is small, it is not hard to get. You can get a personal loan from bank or a loan company if your credit rating is good. But make sure the interest is reasonable.

But why don't you borrow from your own business ( make sure you have a payback schedule) instead of paying high interest to a third party?