Need to make and host a quick website - help!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by brownsfan019, Jun 27, 2007.

1. I need to make and host a website. Very basic, no frills. Need to host it for no more than 1 month.

I've never made a site before, but efficient with Word, Excel, etc. Haven't done much with Adobe. Also have Microsoft Web Expression, which I am told is a user friendly web design software.

Not sure where to start for design and the hosting...

Any ideas?

Thanks everyone!

2. I used "domainspricedright" they have great phone support. Which is what I wanted.

3. I should add you don't need to know much. They use templates fill in the blocks with pix or text and publish. My site was on line in about 6-8 hours and changes were instant thereafter.

I placed the order on the phone, logged in, looked around then would call with questions. Never a problem, I did quite a bit of work at night and still had phone support.

Pictures are the only problem, you can resize pix for free at:

http://www.resize2mail.com/

4. slacker

slacker

5. maxpi

maxpi

microsoft has a free trial on their site building service, free domain and all

6. Dont tell me-you shot a monster pig, right?:D

7. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

It's nothing big, just something that is timely and needs to be put up ASAP.

Any other ideas, please post them!

8. This might be obvious, but does your ISP provide any free webspace with your account? I get 20mb with mine and you can easily host a page with that.

As far as domain names go (do you even need one?) I would recommend 1and1.com.

1and1.com