Need to lose 20lbs in 6 weeks...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PohPoh, Oct 20, 2008.

1. vv111y

vv111y

google HIIT - high intensity interval training.

A typical example is a 1/2 hour run. You jog lightly with bursts of 30 to 90 seconds of flat out sprinting, then drop back down to a casual jog. The sprint should be pushing your limits, you will be huffing and puffing, and your heart will be pounding. Let yourself catch you breath, and let your heart slow down to a manageable level, and then burst out again. 8 bursts is good - not a hard number, change it up.
    I've seen examples of tempos of 30s burst - 30s light Xrepeat, or 90s burst, 3min light -- you can change it up.

It need not be sprints - anything where you can safely and effectively stress the body in the same way works. Circuit training with resistance (ie. weights) works great.

Resistance training is essential no matter what. For shredding up you want circuit type that mimics the above routine - lighter weights, higher reps, very short rest. Body weight exercise is great. Compound moves, no isolation moves : squat, press, row, body row, body pullup, deadlift, etc.

Research has shown that for a given period of time you will lose approximately 3X as much body fat with a HIIT regimen versus standard cardio exercise. It has also been shown to have other health benefits that you cannot get from cardio no matter how much time you put into it.

For the elliptical I recommend you point at it and laugh, kick it a few times, and tell the people using them to go fuck themselves. Actually, you could get a good workout by dragging one around the room.

PS - WARM UP PROPERLY! STRETCH AFTER WORKOUTS AND OFF DAYS, AVOID INJURIES! If you haven't been active in a while - GO SLOW! build up strength in joints, tendons, connective tissue and any small stabilizer muscles that may be underdeveloped.

#41     Oct 21, 2008
  2. Eat Fiber One cereal exclusively for 6 weeks.

Watch what happens.

#42     Oct 21, 2008
  3. umm, how about eating less and working out more?

also remember the first few pounds you lose is just glycogen (so-called water weight) so it shouldn't count toward your goal. as soon as you get off the calorie-deficit diet, you'll gain it right back.

#43     Oct 21, 2008
  4. Quite obvious most you are clueless about how or what to eat to maintain a healthy BMI, avoid or putoff chronic disease and maybe live a bit longer than the avgs.

Here's your holy grail of nutrition..

eat plants. lots of them, little meat.

there you are have at it

:D

#44     Oct 21, 2008
  5. Is it true you do most of your "meat eating" in the mens room?

#45     Oct 21, 2008
  6. you are a cardiologists wet dream. guys like YOU, who think a 'chicken sammich with lettuce" is good nutrition, pay for his new BMW 650i CONVERTABLE :D

it's like 'i put luettuce on my double whopper cheeseburger so it's OK. idiot :D

#46     Oct 21, 2008
  7. I'll keep eating grilled chicken and lettuce, and you keep eating trouser snake in the mens room and we'll see who stays healthier.

Good luck pillow biter.

#47     Oct 21, 2008
  8. LOL, this is true.

Just after high school graduation, I came down with strep throat and went from 225 to 185 in 6 days.

Ouch.

#48     Oct 21, 2008
  9. taking a FATTY meat, grilling it, with a leaf of lettuce only gives you 'fatty grilled meat with lettuce' duh! LOL :D

#49     Oct 21, 2008
  10. Chicken breast is a "fatty meat"? Compared to what? Steak, sausage, ham, ground beef, turkey, pheasant, duck, deer?

The only fatty meat is in my underwear (and no, you can't eat it fruitcake). :D

#50     Oct 21, 2008