Need to lose 20lbs in 6 weeks...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PohPoh, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Eat all you want but make sure to smoke a pack of cigs a day. It speeds up your metabolism like no other. Make sure you can quit after a month though.

#31     Oct 20, 2008
  2. Eat nothing but green apples.

This is how Chritian Bale made himself skinny for his role in the machinist.

Also, do Bickram Yoga for one hour a day 6 days a week. You will lose close to a pound a day. You'll be too tired to do strenuous exersise while staving so the yoga doesn't take a lot out of you.

Bikram is yoga in a hot room. You will sweat your ass off and shed the weight.

And make sure you eat an apple as soon as you get up to kick start your metabolism.

Runningbear

#32     Oct 20, 2008
  3. Eat nutrient dense foods, and a wide variaty.... it will decrease your cravings for junk food. eat low GI foods.... it releases insuling much slower.... you will feel fuller longer. Do not give up any foods... VERY IMPORTANT. Continue to eat breads.... just not as much and switch to unbleached, whole multi grain flour. Eat small potatos.... not reg size potatos. (small potatos have lower GI starch). Eat evey 4 hours for best results. Stay away as much as you can from heavy processed foods.... ESPECIALLY DIET FOODS... e.i. Fat free / sugar free shit..... DO NOT EAT THAT CRAP!

Try to eat as much green produce as possible.... Kale, Broccoli, Spinach are top choices. Sweet potatos are super healthy... eat raw or baked for yummy goodness. Homemade baked beans are super healthy for you.... especially sm red beans.... 64% daily fiber in 1 serving!! Over all do try to watch your starch intake.

Whole grain pasta is goodd for diet.
    Beans
    Starchy veggies... Sm red potatos, corn on cob..... substitute bread for such in a meal.

eats at least 2 servings of cod or salmon every week. Rest of meats should be turkey and chicken... no skins.

Stay away from sat fat as much as possible.... but do use lots of olive oil.... its a good fat.

also take 1 tsp of fish oil every day..... good for EVERYTHING in your body.... from heart to hair and skin........ also do a little of omega 6 oil (safflower)..... all these things will kill your hunger and cravings.

(For all your nutritional needs........ come see lilduckling :cool: )

#33     Oct 20, 2008
  4. dcvtss

dcvtss

That's good advice lilduckling. I lost about 50 pounds in six months by changing my diet and exercising differently. I stopped eating red meat, pork, eggs, dark meat poultry and skinned poultry and all fried foods except tortilla chips that I make myself every once in awhile. I stopped lifting weights and instead did cardio, either walking fairly long distances (+ 5 miles) or running a couple of miles 2 or 3 times a week. I keep to a fairly consistent diet of oatmeal and bananas for breakfast, tuna sandwich with apple and granola bar for lunch and rice and beans with a small serving of chicken breast for dinner.

It worked for me but everyone's different. Good luck.

#34     Oct 20, 2008
  5. I've fought my way back from about 20-30 pounds overweight a few times (never got over 200 pounds, I'm 5'11"). My technique:

1. Eliminate all breads, pasta and rice. You will eat none of these for the duration, except oatmeal before your cardio.

2. Limit your caloric intake to about 900 - 1000 calories a day. Don't believe any of the bullshit people tell you, this is plenty to maintain your health if you are eating the right things. You know what to eat. At all costs, do not use diet soft drinks to get sweet taste/fill your stomach. Aspartame is the worst stuff the FDA ever approved. Find out what it originally was and how they came to find out it's a sweetener.

3. Buy a big tub of the highest quality protein powder you can find (go to supplement store where the weightlifters get their supply).

3. Long and slow cardio activity. If you haven't been working out, a fast walk will do to start. Eat a serving or two of oatmeal 1.5 hours before cardio. It is crucial that you keep your heart rate moderately high. Too high and catabolism sets in (muscle mass being burned for energy). At least 3 workouts per week, and that's not really enough.

This is crucial to get your metabolism going and to burn calories.

4. Eat 5 times per day, very small meals (very hard to do, but crucial). Do one scoop of the protein powder every day

5. Get high quality multivitamins and do them plus a separate calcium supplement.

6. If you're overweight, your muscles are undoubtedly atrophied. If you can discipline yourself, do pushups and chinups. Forget trying to do weights at the gym at this point - if you lose the weight you can then attempt to start to build your base back up.

7. Tons of water and no alcohol.

If you do this for 6 weeks straight you will lose at least 15 pounds. Do not bother weighing yourself every day, weight doesn't come off like that.

#35     Oct 20, 2008
  6. my nutrition advice is better than yours! :mad:

your way is short term....... hard to stick to

#36     Oct 20, 2008
  7. On the contrary, it is quite possible and athletes do it all the time. Under medical supervision you could lose more weight than that in 6 weeks.

Assuming a 2500 calorie/day baseline diet, and going by your numbers which do not take into account exercise, you could lose the weight taking in 900 calories/day. With the appropriate nutritional supplements, this is perfectly safe. You seem young, so I can tell you that 30 years ago they used to tell us we needed over 3200 calories a day. This has been creeping down as they realize that in countries where people live long healthy lives, they don't eat anywhere near as many calories/day as we do.

If you add a 400 calorie workout 3 times a week, 20 pounds in 6 weeks is possible, for many people.

#37     Oct 20, 2008
  8. I dropped 89 pounds gone in 21 weeks while retaining muscle. Is this also impossible?

#38     Oct 20, 2008
  9. You gave him a blanket solution, and you got one all for yourself. It fits, or I wouldn't have given it to you.

#39     Oct 20, 2008
  10. well do you want me to say? do you want me to post a link to the atkins diet? maybe a link to a health and fitness forum? maybe a link to stackers? why are people fat in america? it's because our portion sizes are far too big, too fatty, and we don't exercise enough.

maybe if the original poster actually posted his height, weight, and eating habits then we could have something to work with. how in the world can i give specific answers if the specific problem isn't known?

#40     Oct 20, 2008