Need to lose 20lbs in 6 weeks...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PohPoh, Oct 20, 2008.

1. You will have to do better than that to succeed at something that is foreign to you for six weeks.

If you do chop it off as a head start to losing weight, keep it in the freezer for the future... amazing what the Doctors can do these days.

#11     Oct 20, 2008
  2. Hypnosis is the easiest way. Worked for me. Quit drinking forever as well. Works great if you can be hypnotized.

#12     Oct 20, 2008
  3. Exercise and diet are not foreign to me...i used to do it frequently...
    but I have something important in about 6 weeks that I need to look better than I already do for...

#13     Oct 20, 2008
  4. 20lbs loss in 6 weeks is not physically possible.

20lbs of fat = 70,000 calorie deficit over 42 days (assuming sparing lean muscle and other vital tissue)

70000/42 = 1667 calorie deficit PER DAY.

thats not possible dude

:D

#14     Oct 20, 2008
  5. Make whole grain part of your meal. Brown rice, quinoa, whole grain bread, whole grain tortilla. These break down slow in your body, and you will feel full longer.
    Eat fresh fruit and vegetable every day
    Have fish and some meat few times a week.
    Have nuts and beans too.
    Eat when you feel hungry, no depriving your body when you feel hungry, just eat something healthy.
    Do not cut out all fat like some American diet say to do. You need fat. Have olive oil, nuts, walnut oil.
    Trans fat in food is no good, look on the label.
    Enjoy dessert with moderation, good for the soul! Dark chocolate!

PS Exercise is good, no need to cut off your ____?
    :eek: this is part of your exercise.

#15     Oct 20, 2008
  6. mxjones

mxjones

You can do that, but how were you planning to lost the other 19 3/4 lbs?

Try the Special K diet, except make it three meals a day and then have one regular meal. It works, especially if you add in some cardio (walking vigorously, bike, elliptical) and weights (dumbbells). And don't go crazy on the "regular" meal...meaning, stay away from the 6 cheeseburgers and fries.

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2006/03/09/special_k_diet_cereal_for_weight_loss.php

#16     Oct 20, 2008
  7. I lost 20 lbs. in 7 weeks 4 years ago (200-180 in 7 weeks).

No carbs whatsoever.

Ate chicken, beef, turkey, steamed veggies, eggs, and salad.

Also exercised (eliptical for 30-50 minutes 5 times a week, weights 4 times a week). Also biked to work a few times during that period.

Never went back above 185 lbs. since.

----------------------

That being said, every body type is different. The only reason I ever even got to 200 lbs. was because my girlfriend moved in with me and I was getting delicious home cooked meals all winter long. Put on close to 20 lbs. from October-May.

Once I stopped being a pig, the weight came off very quickly.

Good luck PohPoh. You can do it if you seriously want to.

#17     Oct 20, 2008
  8. Stop eating chicken and beef full of hormones.....from all those great large corporations which CARE SO MUCH for your health! :eek:

#18     Oct 20, 2008
  9. Were any parts of your body sore after your session??? :eek:

:D :D :D

#19     Oct 20, 2008
  10. Hey Ranger have you actually tried the MasterCleanse before? That sounds pretty hardcore, lemonade only for x days!

#20     Oct 20, 2008