Need to connect Sterling Trader Pro with other programs. Programmer needed!

Discussion in 'App Development' started by piyayo, May 2, 2020.

1. piyayo

piyayo

The idea is to use the vertical Depth of market tools (DOM or ladder) that some programs offer, like Tradestation, NinjaTrader or Multicharts, and feed that tools with real time data from Sterling Trader Pro, plus beeing able to send orders from such DOM to Sterling Trader..

If you are a programmer familiar with any of these APIs please contact me in private to discuss the details and give me an estimate.

Thanks!!

2. qlai

qlai

Are you sure you can get real time data out of Sterling via api? Did you check out Motivewave’s DOM?

piyayo likes this.
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You cannot. Sterling has turned off Market Data to the API to avoid non-display fees. If you can get a third party software with your DOM ladder to send orders to the API of another platform with some kind of bridge software, that would work. It seems like a lot of time, effort, and cost just to use a DOM ladder. BTW, I know you know this, but for others, Eze EMS (formerly RealTick) has a DOM ladder for both equities/options and futures.

piyayo likes this.
  4. piyayo

piyayo

Didn´t know that sotfware. Thanks for the info!

Wow! that is valuable info but very bad news if Sterling can´t feed real time via API. I still have the possibility to use a third party software like Ninjatrader or Tradestation to send the orders to Sterling.

Let´s see if any programmer here could help or give advice.

Realtick would be perfect for my need but the minimum per trade will completely destroy my scalping.

Thanks for the info like always Robert! Very valuable person in this forum!

5. 931

If info is displayed by the program but not supported by api then it could be gathered by reading program memory or user interface.
    Problems with accessing correct info will occur if software updates are relased.

6. InvBox

InvBox

But forgot to inform users )

Seems company is almost stopped doing business. No support email, no phone. So sad.