Need To Add 5th, 6th Monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Trader5287, Oct 21, 2002.

1. SYS built my computer in April with Athlon chip and Matrox G450 DH 32M AGP card and Maxtor (Matrox?) 60G 7200 RPM ATA 133 whateverthehell that is.

Anyway, I have 4 Samsung 17" monitors which I use for charting and chat. One plugged into each of the ports in the back.

Works great.

Can anyone tell me what I need to buy to add a 5th and 6th monitor? I need to add some more space for charts and projects that I work on during the trading day. I do not use this computer for order entry.

Thank you. I have no computer skills.

Geo.

PS: Samsungs are under $500 at Sam's Club now.

2. I am pretty sure you could just add another Matrox G450 PCI card. I am sure you have a number of PCI slots available...And since you already are running the drivers for the AGP slot, that should not be an issue either...

3. Perhaps you should think about another CPU with a dual monitor setup to do your other tasks and projects. Too many activities in too many different apps on a 5-6 monitor setup would likely result in overwhelming your operating system.

I realize you were not asking this, but it may be worth considering nonetheless.

4. Thanks Vulture and Richtrader

Someone at SYS was talking about some kind of a box (a 35$ item). Don't know what that was about. Anyway they will bet in touch with me. I just wanted traders' input.

I think it was Baron or someone else that said not to go with dual CPU back when I started but I don't know why.

Specifically, I'm thinking about bringing in E-Signal but don't want to give up my own charts and chats. I also use Streamer on this machine but not IB which is on a laptop.

So far I have seen no signs of strain on the system which has WIN 2000 and the AMD Athlon XP 1900 chip.

Geo.