Need suggestion for new computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xianokie, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Steve Hernandez at SYS built mine for me. I wanted an Athlon chip, big card and Windows 2000. Had it 5 days later. I think the bill was $1,500.

Running 4 17' flat monitors purchased separately but my rig can go up to 16 they say.

Bought a biz one from them with 15' flat for $1,250 delivered.
    PM if you want more info.

So far so good.

sys.com

Geo

#11     Aug 17, 2002
  2. I use a 200 mhz pent s with a coprocessor and it works fine, but i only run 2 monitors wiith realtick

#12     Aug 17, 2002
  3. William

William

I don't know, maybe I just had too many terrible experiences with my old computer.

#13     Aug 17, 2002
  4. William,

Now your other post has me thinking. Maybe I should trade the kids 1.2 Celeron for my 500. Or I wonder how easily and inexpensively I could upgrade the 500 to something significantly more powerful without having to redo everything.

Any thoughts there? Also, I caught up with your last post re: opening breaks. Interesting that the discussion turned to gaps. I did not even think of gaps.

But you know, when I shake my head it rattles, so my contributions are always suspect.

:)

I do know one thing though....

#14     Aug 17, 2002
  5. I gotta see those 17 foot monitors:p

#15     Aug 18, 2002
  6. BillyG67

BillyG67

Wow Multiple 17Foot monitors id need a bigger desk:D

#16     Aug 18, 2002
  7. Whamo

Whamo

I'm partial to Dell computers, every one that I've owned has worked flawlessly. I would be hesitant to buy an emachines, I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for. You need something solid that offers good technical support for trading. My 2 cents...

Whamo

#17     Aug 18, 2002
  8. BillyG67

BillyG67

about 2 years ago i was looking for a laptop i bought a E-machine
    Well i realized why it was cheap! It was very noisy and the speakers were terrible. That turned me right off so i returned it and bought a real name brand. to me it was worth the price difference

#18     Aug 19, 2002