Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Can't get into the risk taking mood today, been out but had Ipad with me so no real excuse :( made 1 trade this am, went sideways threatening to break either way, exited the trade literally 3 seconds before it blipped to a new high and ran 20pips ish :(

TIRED and old, must trade tomorrow for sure!!

#61     Aug 5, 2014
    vanzandt likes this.
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

DAX is going down, took a trend trade and guess what =-15 at the moment, trend trades HATE me, SL is nearing

In at 9170 then 9175 SL 9185 ( 2 pip spread ), can 9180 be sold into.

Profit if Lose, atleast I took 1 with, could do with a trend trade that works I live take like the 80% area that work all the time doh!!

-9 getting there but might be in soft exit time already :(

#62     Aug 5, 2014
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Worked out errrrmmmm okay, not a great catch but better than a loss I was expecting :)

+2 +7 = +8 today baby yeah!

Going lower to tease me, ohhhh drattys is she dumping like a dumper :(

I'd of bailed at 50 for +20 +25 +45, less than 2mins later LOL LOL and LOL someone is having a laugh at me here twice today!!

#63     Aug 5, 2014
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Still able to function and took a trend trade, advantage is odds are they'll go wild in your favour, like it is currently.

+70 or +80 here :( madness is getting more and more common isn't it!!

Staying out, can't risk account when madness happens, well over the $1000 here on 1 trade, 6 - 7 mins later sob! sob!

#64     Aug 5, 2014
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Wish I'd of kept playing, some nice setups being long pauses that reversed nicely.

Setup trading system to always have 20pip SL, might tighten but won't grow it, so a drop straight through -20 I can live with.

2nd position puts me 4% loss area currently, I rarely let it go to the SL thankfully, 2 or 3 in the row would SUCK but hey chance you got to take.

#65     Aug 5, 2014
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

I was worried my ranges had lost there strength :-

Okay it's not a loss less system any more but still pretty damn good, DAX did move out of spec a few times, 4 in total.

Can't believe I closed my short as the market tested the low that'd been rejected a fair few times for it just to keep drifting 3seconds after I dumped it, okay likely only taken +15*2 but that woulda made my entire day!!

Trading tomorrow, Lucozade drink to wake me up by the bed and getting an early night!!

GO HARD GO HARD!!

#66     Aug 5, 2014
  7. Stops never worked for me, statistical fact that with them I constantly lost money.

#67     Aug 5, 2014
    wwatson1 likes this.
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Got to have a Stop which kinda has meaning, not just a 30fixed pips away, it's got to be in my case out side of the expected range, market breaks out of that then something is going wrong.

I rarely get SL's, normally stupid trade that last sub 1min, better than holding for the ass kicking that normally follows LOL

#68     Aug 6, 2014
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Lazy am / lack of confidence and not great setups, but just took +9 on a DAX short, it shall do, next!!

#69     Aug 6, 2014
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Holding a DAX long at 71, looking rough, 26 downtrend, 100uptrend and big news in 17mins, decisions decisions.

Hang on, going up a tad, 74 to break for a up blip failed :(

15mins left, bad time to trade!

#70     Aug 6, 2014