Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. kaizer

kaizer

Well, sounds logical, good luck with your trading.

#6171     Jul 31, 2020
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Trading no problem, time to trade different story, too hot to focus today, sucky!

#6172     Jul 31, 2020
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Finally settled on a method / setup :)

6Lwma HL/2
    6Lwma High
    6Lwma Low
    Envelope 9lwma High 0.02% ( top only )
    Envelope 9lwma Low 0.02% ( bottom only )

Join the 6's direction, generally early but anywhere along a move.

Or play off a mini cluster for a reversal.

Making damn good $$$'s finally :) the Secret is aggressive SL management, let profits run and quickly close up the SL into profits at times.

#6173     Aug 6, 2020
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

The turning point is 3 things....

1. Being able to take a trade without emotion, based on small thin stuff, ie 6lwma turned up, join.

2. Tight SL and not moving away and tighten as it goes, keep nudging under candles, so small losses.

3. Being able to let the profit run, risking 6pts average then nailing a strong trend for 50pts, just puts you a leap ahead.

Start upping lot sizes soon, sadly still jinxed when I'm around it's dead +8s, away huge swings, it knows I'm watching I swear, same time for both aswell!

#6174     Aug 7, 2020
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Yesterday, add in heat wave and lack of time so rushing trades, blew $500 almost instantly, got it back to -$50 then -$1000, -$500 then kept going in stupid move and -$2000 inside of 1hour LOL

Got Gambly, lost the ability to keep losers small, got stupid, got crushed.

Back on Demo till heat wave buggers off, Friday or next week really, got to recement keeping loses small and trading with the method not against it, expecting a trend change doh!!

I can't function in heat waves in short!!

+$1550 Demo annoyingly here, no pressure = getting it right!!

Must stop slipping!!

#6175     Aug 12, 2020
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Good job back on demo, today I've made 11 trades and every damn 1 has hit the SL, the odds on this are low or I've became a really bad trader, 100% wrong, impressive for anyone.

#6176     Aug 13, 2020
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Reason for the huge losing thankfully Demo streak is.........................

Method doesn't work on DAX well not recently, it's too choppy, I'm buying breakouts that would work on NQ but DAX is stalling, lost my ability to understand chop, as mainly trading NQ which is trend monster.

18 based slower channel, calls the chop perfectly, but need brain active, other wise going up, click, crap called top again down she goes SL hit, repeat repeat repeat.

Atleast I only blew 2K, 25% of the account before realising this LOL

#6177     Aug 13, 2020
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Put method back to what was making the $$$'s before I got heat stroked and stupid.

Envelope H and L 5lwma +/- 0.01%
    Envelope H and L 10lwma +/- 0.03%

7 out of 7 demo trades profitable, without the slower wider range to call chop I'm screwed, learnt and forgotten this many times I suspect :( It's going down, short, nope that's chop it'll reverse right there again and hit SL LOL

REPEAT!!!

#6178     Aug 14, 2020
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Holding on to tight, so killing runners to soon, closed NQ for +6 went +20.

Took a Long DAX right before DAX Close, SL to tight, then 2nd trade long SL to tight, -10pts in total, then jumped on short +8, went +20 and still going.

Got the losers small part, ie Fail Safe back in play, but need to work on holding longer.

Brain Cell is coming back to life, think heat stroke, this weeks been hell.

No live till next week, recover fully, likely Tuesday, Demo Monday for a bit to.

#6179     Aug 14, 2020
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Did okay with DAX +$260, currently -$7 with 4 NQ trades, SLOW ass day, jump on direction like I should and doesn't really move :( Mondays and Summer Doldrums I guess.

KISS, trading proper, failing safe with tiny losses so it's all systems go, hope NQ picks up into the close, some 20-40pt swings would be appreciated.

#6180     Aug 17, 2020