Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Home at 5am ffs woman.

Method worked, slow Monday mind.

Watching youtube video trader playing gapped up stocks,counter trend mainly total numpty,but 1k profit in 15mins, sets limit away from price, spikes fills,pulls back out in seconds, repeat, had 100k+ to do that mind.

See a mate trade ym after open.

#5231     Dec 9, 2019
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Method 18sma based became useless, irrelevant, quick change to 12sma fixes and still working 3hrs later.

Need to scan everytime i start trading from 10 to 20, find best fit and see what works and see how long stays relevant.

Fun but not a big set back, liveable!

#5232     Dec 12, 2019
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

My slower needs to adapt aswell normally 42, but sma x 2 will do close enough, 24 callimg it near perfect

#5233     Dec 12, 2019
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Trade 1fail, massive slippage on entry, lagged me, looked bad held to SL -11

Next.....

#5234     Dec 12, 2019
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Market conditions changed.

Direction has more weight, range not playing ball arseeeeeee thought cracked it arseeeeeeee!

Setup currently working....

Bb 11 2.0
    Envelope 11 0.02

And more brain power than currently available.

#5235     Dec 12, 2019
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

YM joined down move +22, so 3 trades this week and BE good enough.

Market conditions changed from super choppy, get in good price, let the chop find a profit easy, to super trendy, get in if not with direction get killed.

Handling both or being smart enough to know which to trade ahead of time is the tricky 1, prefer Trendy as it makes better returns.

Currently liking......

BB 8 2.0
    Envelope 8sma 2.0

Trend so enter near 8sma, SL outside of the 0.02.

Chop comes back then play the BB 8 2.0's range

KISS!!

#5236     Dec 13, 2019
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Back testing, this method 2 weeks ago, totally different market conditions, 90% Range ie 90% of trades will profit given an okay ish entry.

Method has less Chop ability but still works in both conditions.

InPeachment news I guess causing big swings.

I SHALL BEAT this market and by the end of this damn year finally!!

#5237     Dec 13, 2019
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Flu, 2 days wiped out, but caught up on all the new expanse.

Methods improving I think ( Or ILL )

BB 10sma 2.0
    Envelope 20sma 0.05

Logic, play 20's direction or range if flat and SL.
    Use the BB to call entries.

Seems to sort out, when to play direction or chop nicely aswell, which has been a major issue for ever ever ever ever ever ever.

Seeing something in a BB 20sma 2.4 but not sure as ill.

Back to bed and sweating and coughing, hopefully last night!!

#5238     Dec 16, 2019
  9. dude, ur not cracking shit with one strategy with bollingerbands. listening to you is hilarious in that you think you can come up with a latent strategy using bollinger bands and that this one strategy can be cracked without second by second tweaking by an AI computer. hello that is all you are missing a 5 million dollar super computer that can properly optimize the mkt and all orders and a team of people DMA and fpga like 1000 of them thats 3 million alone and then yes just like simmons, DRW, getco jump you will have cracked it in the short term realm. I guess a lot of people dont get it. IT has been cracked! by those guys and they dont like about what it takes. it takes massive amounts of $$ and risk capital and teams of data scientists and programmers. we have all played with BOLLINGER bands keltner channels and volatility bands and the problem stills is! is it trending or is it consolidating and there is no short term answer for that one

#5239     Dec 16, 2019
  10. the truth about your strategy is that you have balls to make trades and that is it man. that is more than most have on this site so thank yourself. now.. if you really want to get cure with it you invert the market onto a flat plane and use topograpy and entropy to know where the path of least resistance is for the market it is the old school optimization method before what are those.. oh yeah quantum computers.

#5240     Dec 16, 2019