Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Cant see FGBP presume your on about UKs ftse100? Too slow and range to spread cost ratio not great.

Thanks anyway Cyprus for a week but plan to trade 9pm to 11pm here, USA close via NQ.

#4991     Sep 14, 2019
  2. kaizer

kaizer

FGBL is Euro Bund future https://www.eurexchange.com/exchange-en/products/int/fix/government-bonds/Euro-Bund-Futures-137298

IMHO it's better than FTSE future for daytraders but it depends of trading plan. However FTSE future is still much, much smoother than FDAX.

The trading instrument(s) is the part of trading plan. If your plan does not use some of unique features related to FDAX you can pay attention to Euro Bund. Just my personal opinion (derived from real trading both dax and bund), nothing more.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    #4992     Sep 15, 2019
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Ukgbz9 bond possibly? Got some good momo I'll watch it on ipad tomorrow.

Dax and NQ both about right, i gave up on TM / us30 crazy pt moves = suicide.

Back to beach and totty spotting :)

#4993     Sep 15, 2019
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

On holiday taking a lazy day and trading and working on method obvs...

Envelope 6 0.03, 11 0.05 and 18 0.07

What do i do wrong on losing streaks and what do i do right on winning streaks?

Simple answer Patience.

Market heads down, i try to reserse mid move fear of missing trade cause I’m trying to hard to make $$$$$s.

So 2 things.

Wait for a stall or a few mins of support.
    Only place trades near outter envelope ranges, less cost higher profit.

Accept im likely to only catch 30% of setups stop trying for all just kills me.

8km beach walk looking for boobies soon then bus back.

Had a dark haired bird at the bar eying me up me her to, mrs spotted her might see if shes around :)

#4994     Sep 17, 2019
  5. Interesting comments, kaizer. Thanks. :)

As an European day trading the ES, I'd be interested in adding a European contract to my portfolio as well. Will be taking a closer look into these two. I've considered the DAX also, but it does seem a little wild and I suppose it have the potential of some slippage as well.

EDIT: Which broker do you use - by the way? I think my brokerage (Dorman/Ninja) offers Eurex.

#4995     Sep 18, 2019
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

DAX is good 8am gmt till 4:30pm gmt, NQ good 2:30pm till 9pm.

Dax and NQ very similar aswell.

#4996     Sep 18, 2019
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  7. kaizer

kaizer

I use dorman/ninja too. Comission is fair if you are on the lifetime licence. CQG is datafeed. FGBL is overlooked contract by many retail traders and I think it remains to be :) If you want to discuss this deeper let me know because this journal is Turveyd's and it will be offtopic here.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    #4997     Sep 18, 2019
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Method logic check operation teach patience to a buffoon!

8am gmt gmt cluster support play long
    Up move stalled high 24, join up low 6s.
    Cluster top called
    Sells back to low 24 cluster long ( live traded +13 i was watching )

Currently 6 sideways noise into uk open

More patience and not jumping in half cocked mid move unless joining move.

Need to engrave this and stop slipping out of this, as soon as i put pressure to make money I'm doomed cause i i try to hard.

#4998     Sep 18, 2019
  9. Absolutely. I've been meaning to do some more research on 'what to trade in Europe' for a while now - either just digging up old threads here or starting a new one. Feel free to reach out to me in private or start a new thread on the boards if you feel it's worth a discussion.

I've been aware of the FGBL for a while. Other European indices seems of interest also.

Actually, I've been considering adding an Asian market as well (HSI for example), but it might be better for my sleeping patterns to go with Europe for now. :)

#4999     Sep 19, 2019
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Returning from holiday slowly, loads of nice asses very few nice boobs mind :(

New FB to meet soon, she's seen me and wants but not seen het, so fun.

Method decided hopefully stick to this

9sma
    Env 9sma 0.04

Env 18sma 0.07

Got to tweak trades and times i trade less end of trend times.

More patience.

#5000     Sep 21, 2019