Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Missed nice move, upto 42 range and reverse.

Next week, more focus, more trades, less worry, account up nicely so trading on house profits.

#4621     May 17, 2019
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Its morning, I’m awake about an hour, have been wishing i could jump on the PC and get making money, all week 11am+ still not awake or the focus to trade, today wide awake, typical.

By monday back to errrrr, feel rough cant be arsed no doubt lol

Not trading enough only current issue, don’t want to push myself into taking stupid trades, lets set a target of 5 trades average per day ( trades not positions ), should be easy enough, so +800 -200 = 600 profit per day based on avg profit 200, loss 200 and 80% win rate.

#4622     May 18, 2019
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Goal for the week keep trading smart, but More like 5x's more trades.

Double DAX position size soon, to keep inline with YM, Tuesday maybe.

#4623     May 19, 2019
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Monday's missed the only bit of trend earlier, chop chop chop, zero trades :(

#4624     May 20, 2019
    Snuskpelle likes this.
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

No trades, this only really works at certain times of the day, got to be around for them, into the close is proving to be a good, pick a direction and continue, nearly got on Long which would of worked great :(

Try harder tomorrow, mixture of chop and work hassles today and monday can't be arsed!1

#4625     May 20, 2019
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Still trying to come up with a long term compromise on my settings.

Slower has a higher win rate, but very few trades and vice versa, hours of no trades bored then missed the 2 setups which did occur as yes bored!

Envelope 33ema 0.01 is main direction, dont trade against in trend.

Envelope 11sma 0.01 and 0.04 short term direction and range.

This is optimal for trend plays, great R:R great win rate, lets stop trying to make it work for chop.

Chop wise, sadly no BB Ema based, cant put on tablets :(

BB 33sma 2.4 with a black sma hiding mid line looks pretty good chop wise.

Might just have to make do with stopping out of chop.

#4626     May 21, 2019
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

On a day like today, where there is no real direction, well maybe 3hrs of slow direction in total, my little method becomes worthless AGAIN!!! Arrrseeeee!!

BB's I swear that's the adaptive solution, but can never trade them live, lets see if I can get my head around this time.

Only BB setting that works is BB 20 2.2 from the all the testing I've done.

So Method......

Envelope 20sma 0.01 and 0.05
    BB 20 2.2

No conflicting directions, looks good in history, see it Live / Risk taking live trades on ?? going to have to watch and learn and try I guess.

I know when the trend periods are and how to join them, but still reduces my trading day to very few hours where I can make any $$$'s, which means bored and either stupid trades or losing interest and like today, ZERO trades :(

SLEEP, REPEAT!!

#4627     May 21, 2019
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Dun' worry. When Trump busts a load all over his Twitter, the market will orgasm with him. Watch for it.

#4628     May 21, 2019
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Guess he was having a golfing day or working on his yellow tan!

#4629     May 21, 2019
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Okay Scrub Prior Plan...........

Okay, what do I want ???

1. A setup that offers >60% win rate.
    2. A Setup that offers maybe 2x's on the profit to the risk.
    3. A Setup that occurs often and is repeatable.

42ema has proven time and time again to be awesome, so got to work that into the plan.

Envelope 42ema 0.01 Yellow in play.

I then need a faster, but not too fast, to provide a range to play with 42 direction.

24sma, White
    Envelope 24sma 0.04 Blue
    Envelope 24sma 0.08 White

Sleep then give that a bash tomorrow, think I tried similar this week, but only with the 0.04 range, not 0.08, 0.04 fine for trend, but 0.08 covers me for chop.

#4630     May 21, 2019