Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

No time for trades sadly, very little watching time :(

BUT creating some nice setups, 50/50 win rate live I expect, but R:R likely average about 2:1 for chop play and 3:1 for trend plays.

Major difference from what I've been trading with for years, so going to take a while to get into and trust and start taking these setups live.

#4411     Dec 12, 2018
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Lets test new method on todays market.

Start 9am as always just as it goes crap, but I wake up, typical!!

Okay, looking for actually not sure at all yet, live so lets try to work that out LOL

Drop and Pause, likely turn, Long 10832 SL 10824 -out 69 on the way down +37 , beginners luck!

Failed to take trades, 13 uprend, looked weak but method worked perfectly and made good pts :(

Turning down short 10898 - sL 910 - 903 - out BE too weak

Another down move, short near 13sma 10890, exit 76 +14 saw +24

Too tired, not able to process this, going to take a while and much watching, why I gave up quickly last time.

#4412     Dec 12, 2018
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Lets be honest, I have ZERO chance of trading this next week, so that's pretty much it for the year arseeeee, not there yet quiting business wise, try again end of Jan.

No time to retrain BB method, going for old simple setup, looks great recently.

Envelope 8sma 0.01 and 0.06
    Envelope 16sma 0.10

* this is for me tomorrow as riding in and taking small 8" tablet maybe if it fits in my rucksack nicely.

Maybe I'll pretend to work and trade until the battery dies, maybe I'll just take a charger, that would make sense :)

#4413     Dec 16, 2018
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Still cant handle this live after all these years.

First trade -400 left the size on $20 per point arseee, trading off 12s range. Literally quit at the bottom right before it reversed to -150.

Second trade pulled back 200 short got out at bottom i see.

Method decision as its all bullshit and random and useless there is no solution, morale is zero.

Envelope 7sma 0.04
    7 sma
    14 sma

Logic, jump on direction, SL on breaking against, or jump on breakout of range.

Simple, thats it game over, doesnt get any better, just master this simple setup and give up on better.

#4414     Dec 18, 2018
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

No idiot.....

Sma 6, envelope 6 0.04
    Sma 12, envelope 12 0.07

Works great, issue is trading stupid, didnt put SL let it run, risk a little make a lot.

Dont trade, tired, stressed and stupid moron!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    #4415     Dec 18, 2018
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

RIGHT METHOD LOCKED, IT WORKS, to a point.

Issues to overcome!!

Knowing what's driving, moves to upper 12, so short option, but risk of going higher due to 6 powering it through, but from history we can assume chop, assume trend is wrong way more than right, just my luck means I take the 1's that trend, well something I'm doing wrong no such thing as luck.

Need to get back to see a profit, take thy profit, holding for trend and getting rich in 6 trades is costing me dearly.

#4416     Dec 18, 2018
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Bad bad bad bad day, head screwed on upside down but cracked it i think.

Method

12sma
    Envelope 12sma 0.08
    Envelope 12sma 0.10 exit point

Envelope 3sma open 0.01

Kiss, trade 12s range and direction, quick 3sma to stop catching falling knives.

Was - 1000 for a while hurting, pulled back to - 200, every damn trade going against me.

#4417     Dec 18, 2018
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Yes said before but this is working nicely.

Env 12 0.07 and 0.10
    Envelope 3 0.01

Got to get head around it, stop changing it.

#4418     Dec 18, 2018
  9. Can I ask you why you experiment with so many envelopes and moving averages ? Do u think you would make more progress in your trading if you took off the indicators and tried to figure out whats driving the trends that fit diffierent sma curves ?

#4419     Dec 18, 2018
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Totally Random without I've tried and often consider it, I need a hint to keep me in the right direction, but not so much as I can't see the underlying action.

Got my ass back in gear and got back to BE on the day, so pulled back $1000, haven't traded in about 2 or 3 weeks too busy, lose the plot and go through this cycle every time I restart.

#4420     Dec 18, 2018