Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Started sim tradin proper, 3k account 200:1 margin, up 300 today, end of the month all going well.

Method, going more range chop but slower.

30sma
    Envelope 30sma 0.04% 0.08% 0.12%.

Play the range with direction if there is a direction or just without, via averaging down 3 positions max, bailing on 0.12% failing.

Win rate 90% expected, expect losers will cost me 2 or even 3x's avg profit, still make good profit despite in theory.

Should be tradeable brain off which is the main thing :)

#4171     Sep 19, 2018
    Grantx likes this.
  2. Grantx

Grantx

Lol. That would be useful.

#4172     Sep 19, 2018
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

It is proving to be that be that, demo tradind dax only, play the range, average in, total of 4 trades, 9 positions up 750 about 25% without really doing anything :)

Need to find some losers to assess how bad that'll be and improve on my getting out fast ish but not to fast, only 1 turned against me breifly so all good.

#4173     Sep 21, 2018
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Hopefully live in 1 week again, playing the range on the dax kicks ass.

Basically trying to trade how I was trading when i doubled the account, likely 6 months back, but slower, bigger range better odds on return to average so BE exit on turn like before, got to be stricter on range failing and bailing quicker ofcourse.

#4174     Sep 21, 2018
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Methods great, not really trading at all, just playing the range letting it chop around, it goes against i get more, then it goes my way, exit take profit repeat.

Not thinking, or attempting to predict or worrying or even caring a s 90% of the time as long as i dont trade over news it works out nicely.

Next week Live account setup :) keep same mindset and retire soon.

#4175     Sep 26, 2018
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Bought on that dax crash, range held, up it shot up 400 demo bucks in.no time, could of went badly mind lol

Truely is easy as eating pancakes, playing range short side we shall see, need 20 trades really.

#4176     Sep 26, 2018
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Yeahhhh a loser - 700 trend turned 30 to slow to catch it, this is what i need work on.

#4177     Sep 26, 2018
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

STILL working on Method, looks like my 60 0.12% envelope had traction, within and flat = range plays, break out or direction forming= trade with only and looking like envelope 15 0.05 and 0.10% are the way to go with that.

TIRED very very very tired!!

#4178     Sep 26, 2018
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Still trying to find a simple method that works all the time, prev 1 too much risk.

Current thinking and testing....

Envelope 30sma 0.04 0.10

Taking trades near the 0,04 with direction, keeps the losses in check, good entry area.

+18% on demo account today trading like this lol

#4179     Sep 28, 2018
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Account setup, mt4 sucks, spread on dax has doubled, time to get back on it.

#4180     Oct 2, 2018