Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

When I get home, all is shared, feel free to share any ideas you have aswell, not proud, desperate yes, proud hell no!

#3931     Apr 20, 2018
    vanzandt and Onra like this.
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Example, not a bad GPBUSD area, Arrows are entries, X's are where Losses would happen, profits 1 thing at a time.

MAE 24 0.04% Yellow
    BB 16 2.5Dev White.

Basically, take entries with the direction of the Yellow where sensible, using the 16BB to spot entries, SL out on the yellow failing to hold.

Go setup and check out some charts and give me your opinion if you have the time.

#3932     Apr 21, 2018
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Simple back test, how often does the 24 MAE range hold water ??

GU 10th Apr 9am start.

Y=Get to a profit
    N=No profit

YYYYYYY?YYYY Very few trend changes on this day, NICE!!!

11th not as good, but good enough

Okay happy the 24 MAE logic hold up nicely, direction and trend wise, simple aswell.

The 16BB 2.5 gives me my entry within this range, with the 24 as the fall back.

Issues as always, moves are small and spread isn't ever cheap, tad off on the entry and exit and can end up making bugger all or holding into trend change waiting for enough to matter.

Never easy, but looking like the best simple method to date

UJ tests nicely!!
    EU less range, weaker but cheaper spread, errrm!!

#3933     Apr 22, 2018
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Method working great but no trades, pulling back to the 24 mae and reversing with trend, but I'm thinking nahhh it'll change trend.

Keep watching build confidence, start taking trades then get the hang of exiting quickly when it starts going wrong and I'm golden ..

5 more years to go at this rate yeah baby!

#3934     Apr 23, 2018
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Tweak 10 BB 2.6

Only watching till next week, method is best of a bad bunch, good setups, generally good risk to reward wise, its simple got to stick to this and master it over the coming weeks/years.

Role on next week, too many hours to make up :(

#3935     Apr 24, 2018
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Time to get trading again, attempt 40,984 here we go

#3936     May 1, 2018
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Prev / Current method, was creating GREAT entries, sadly only after the fact, never high enough probability to trust in a live trading scenario, close but no bannana :(

So rehash of the same really.

BB 13 2.6
    MAE 13sma 0.04%
    MAE 24sma 0.05%

The themes are similar enough, so when multiple lines match up, it looks like the strength increases, which is what I NEED, more entries!!

#3937     May 3, 2018
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

I better start trading soon, 50/50 on Thursday trying to, work might get in the way :(

Current theory being tested, but not used yet no time.

BB 8sma 3.0
    MAE 13sma 0.04%
    MAE 24sma 0.05%

Basically, take trades when the 13 and 24 are going the same way, playing all 3 ranges to try to get a good entry, Exit on 24 MAE failing or direction changing, if the 13 changes down then likely 26 will follow so exit at a good place via the 23.

Chop cause the entry is good, should still get to a okay profit.

Today back tests well and the live trading I got to watch tested well aswell.

#3938     May 9, 2018
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Trading again, doing okay, like method half sized up $60, no big runners exits pretty tight, plodding on again, yawwwwnnnnnnn!

Then give it all back in 4seconds later :(

#3939     May 10, 2018
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

I'm liking the multiple directions, got 3 currently when 2 line up start playing the range with the direction.

Directions are :-

Envelope 26sma 0.05%
    Envelope 13sma 0.04%
    Envelope 6sma 0.02%

Gives a good feel for market direction and chop within the direction and strength aswell.

Currently 2 positions Long on USDJPY up a tad here, look at exit @110.20, then buy back in on pull backs, simple!!

#3940     May 16, 2018