Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. jo0477

jo0477

Turveyd, I'm totally wishing you the best buddy but arent you a coder? Seems to me if you're confident in your method but hesitant to execute wouldn't it be a no brainer to just automate your signals? I've been focussing on selling a covered call system for years now and wish I could automate....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    #3911     Apr 12, 2018
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Tried it years ago, they're are elements to trading that I think can't be programmed, like when not to trade that and never seen an automated system producing long term results, some work short term.

#3912     Apr 13, 2018
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

That and I trade to try to get away from coding, coding to trade not what I'm after.

#3913     Apr 13, 2018
  4. Handle123

Handle123

And you most likely never see them and why would you expect? I have had some of the best programmers in last couple years and my business partner extremely good at programming my weird approaches to include options. "Like when not to trade", I had that programmed five years ago and it is very simple actually if based on charting, indicators and or news reports by the tick. I do a great deal of buying/selling futures and stocks and all are hedged, hedging has to come first before the position, hedging very complicated to boot depending on strikes, expiration months, percentages and availability, but once done right... I now believe with the right combinations of languages, anything can be coded. But I think even fewer of bright traders and coders all in one. The biggest problem of hiring others is trust issues, better to find a someone who who tried their hand at trading but much better at coding.

#3914     Apr 14, 2018
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Still nobody I know for 100% definate to being doing this, I'm not a trusting person and nobody will send me there code to look over!!

#3915     Apr 14, 2018
  6. Handle123

Handle123

You have that correct cause no one going to send you their codes and these programs never for sale or lease.

#3916     Apr 14, 2018
    beginner66 likes this.
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Must get better FAST, must do more testing, must use Tablets to trade more time, even at work, must make $$$'s POOR as shit at the moment.

GU Review Friday, very nice 80% efficent!!

EU, smaller moves, more chop, less losers, smaller profits / barely getting to profit after spread.

#3917     Apr 15, 2018
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Small profits today, nothing to really get excited about, lack of time.

Turning into a only trade with and when there is 36sma direction, odds increase hugely, easy to follow, ranges give a good and not too knee jerk indication of time to quit.

Its definately a 90%+ profit model, used sensibly, but likely only suitable conditions 30% of the time, even with 4.pairs.

Only getting 1 orv2 positions of the 4 in aswell hurting profits, guess move too 2 position method, doubling profits of recent nicely.

Need TIME worked 8 hrs this monly, 9 working days left, so thats this month written off :(

#3918     Apr 16, 2018
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Method improvements....

Bb36 remains

Switching to...

Bb20 2dev
    Mae 20 0.02%

Jump on the 20s direction and play the 36s range, looking sweet, easier to hold longer :)

#3919     Apr 17, 2018
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Down day was up 100 bucks, looked to go higher, set sl, phone call and reversed hard, still better off with no sl but safer.

Method rocking, more time to master method, then time to make some cashhhhh :)

Only -80 on the day, nothing major.

#3920     Apr 17, 2018