Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

Tweak, 18sma to 36sma stays on trend longer.

Been 2 weeks of hell and no trades, plot lost again arrgghhhhh I was doing okay, mainly holding longer.

I was going to do a test, started this 2 hours ago, can't be arseddd!!

Must remember, clocks 1 hour different for a week.

#3901     Mar 18, 2018
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Must test, must get back on trading this week, must make $$$$'s lots of them or die trying, must give up on woman, must change account password as 22 knows it, had enough of that nut job!!!

#3902     Mar 18, 2018
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Right, time to get back in the game, it's a hell of a game, doing it right for a day or 3 easy, for much longer gets harder and harder as it wears you down, but needs must so here I try again :(

Logic / Method for attempt is nailed down.......

8sma
    MAE 8sma 0.02%
    BB 8sma 2Dev

Logic side, just on direction, using the ranges as exit points or exiting if the direction changes, KISS!!!

Trading EURUSD / GPBUSD USDCHF and USDJPY removed DAX as needs different width's of MAE sadly, trying to keep similar

Setup for 3 positions to average into a position, no hero exact entry stuff.

My Entries are pretty good, as always my taking a loss early is my down fall and will be my main focus, currently down $80 on a UJ Long trade, that's turned against me, arrggghhhh!!!

2 x USD 1 side, 2 the other, so my pairs should both reverse each other for directional awareness.

Once more into the breach dear friends!!!

p.s. I will REALLY try not to play with the logic, that's good enough, MASTER IT!!

#3903     Apr 9, 2018
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Also no scalping, hold thy trend unless I have to go swimming, cause a trend is a rare thing to find!!!

Exited +$115 :) good 1st trade, got to Negative about the same, nearly killed it :)

#3904     Apr 9, 2018
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Don't like SL's, takes too long to setup takes focus away from the trading, too often get a blip and your out at worst price, but my enemy is price running against me and me digging in.

I think I need a hit 6% draw down and just click the EXIT button, object is to be out at a sensible loss when turned against but don't always get that, then kinda get stuck waiting for that.

Need to get better and lick the exit at a loss, but not stupidly side of my trading, it's what is holding me back mainly.

Need Money, work getting slower and slower, it's time to quit work, move to full time trading, then move out of this area start a new and better life.

#3905     Apr 9, 2018
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

Sim work to practice, failing safe exits mainly.....

9am GU down, turned back up L 1.4103 , exit 13 +$70 kinda stuck!!

Downward S 1.4110, turning up exit 03.

Method is sweet, need sleep good enough, simple enough to not drive me crazy in 2 weeks and turn me into a sucky can't care trader as always.

#3906     Apr 9, 2018
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Not changing method going well, okay epic fail LOL checked out M5 view of my method and damn that looks great, just not taking enough trades so yes.

Converted M1 method to M5 logic so........

MAE 40sma 0.02%
    BB 40sma 2Dev
    and MAE 8sma 0.02%

Dropped Lot sizes a tad $5 per position max 4 positions, simple logic, average in to position with the 40's direction using the MAE and BB, Exit on direction change or BB being taken out.

Issue being, trying to be too perfect ie no losses with other method, which ends up me not taking any trades, hence more go with the flow and wait and see.

+$120 taken on UJ short top of BB 2 positions.

Missed GU short perfect setup, worked well.

#3907     Apr 11, 2018
  8. Handle123

Handle123

You been doing 3.5 years, you overall profit yet? I have watched and don't believe you have started on a Monday and have same system on Friday?

#3908     Apr 11, 2018
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Work, no time to trade quick back test for when IF I ever do get time and ILL again arggghhhh, it's rare but everyones got this feel rough!!

GU very nice, good range range via the BB40sma, like how it tracked up the 40, then the low 40BB held till the 40 turned down then down she goes, nice!!

EU very similar!! :)

UJ not as good, more trendy the BB 8sma working better.

EJ good hits and reverses but weak ass day, not methods fault.

Issue, slow markets, not enough pts movement in choppy times, this calls the chop great.

#3909     Apr 11, 2018
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Confidence is high enough to take trades, up a bit today, need to get some larger longer runs, but new to this method.

Promising, could be full time time soon :)

#3910     Apr 12, 2018
    Onra likes this.