Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Turveyd

Turveyd

I had no chance today, software that'd been working for 4 years, coincidentally went down when I installed it onto a new laptop, assumed just that laptop but it was all laptops, windows update screwed it I guess :(

Struggling with putting $$'s at risk aswell I guess, most of the trades I've watched have worked just fine, but got that feeling that this trade will cost me, got to get back to focusing on the profits.

Still tweaking, method, over done info causing the but IF scenario also equals no trades LOL

Currently liking :-

8sma and 8sma envelope 0.04%
    24sma + BB 24sma 2.2

My Issue in the next post with charts maybe, thoughts and opinions pls!!

#2371     Apr 22, 2016
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

Think the solution is tight SL's, Min risk for trying to take out 2x's + profit.

By the numbers.

1. Direction, flat, play range long, slipped lower but worked ( white line expected entry ) SL just under would of been hit.

2. Vaguely down so short, hard to call live I bet expect that to run to upper BB./

3. nice double bottom, tight SL on that no real issue.

4. top range, would of expected that to turn up, would of bailed.

5. THIS IS MY FEAR and why I'm not trading, okay 8's direction looked very down after the fact, I'd of likely played the BB range Long, I'd say tight SL but no.1 would of lost with a tight SL..

Way down, boom boom boom, well top of 8 test and short entry 10353 area.

Some ways better off without the 24 BB just the 8sma's, but they I'd jump on short and get chopped out, with just playing the range, can't damn well win EVER!!

Different setup, same issue I've had for YEARS :(

#2372     Apr 22, 2016
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

independance day looks AWESOME, all characters but Will :(

#2373     Apr 22, 2016
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Right ready to trade, let ahhhh damn it :(

Test today, ( no idea what happened so it's fine )

9:12 start time on chart!

Big down move, just moved down off the 24, but 8 up, reversed of low 8 range.

8 called it for +26 max, 24 H BB stops play. 2nd 8 entry +9

No way to get on the down move, ran into low 24BB, back to 24bb high, profit there.

24H called, top, back to 24L, quick reversal to 24H

Stay above 24S Momo picking up, then run 60+pts be nice.

Selling back, 8H's worth a stab short.

Defo looking sweet, not too much info, both ranges work well, role on Monday!!

#2374     Apr 22, 2016
  5. Handle123

Handle123

#1 The only thing you can do is go long, that one down bar 5h bar to right of highest high bar, it is bigger range bar and then all the bars to right fit inside this bar, my back testing shows I can't take a continuation trade till it breaks lower but I can buy it makes a good pattern like Double/Triple bottom and breakout.

#2 Longer term MAs are sloping down and of course shorter term will be sideways, so no brainer to sell.

#3 Would have to see the volume on that bar, if volume is less than last down bar, then I buy above lowest high. I don't like buying or selling inside bars as back testing shows me too high of losing percentage. I need to see more clustering of lows tighter together to say it a good double bottom.

#4 I am neutral as price has broken last two pivot highs, next bar breaks by one tick, again not clear evidence going higher and neither highest high bar, but what does eventually forms is Head and Shoulders to sell 3rd and 5th bar from head and that usually is "Kiss of Death" signal, few bars later retrace to faster envelope to sell breakout.

#5 is nada but retrace back to almost top of faster envelope, sell on way down. Then price breaks lowest lows than retraces is making newbies think reverse but it goes to middle of faster envelope to sell. I have learned on longer moves, more you want to sell, have to wait for deeper retracements providing price does not break two pivots. The last trade goes to upper envelope and not inside range of lowest low bar to sell.

You need to put in some chart pattern signals or very least understand them better. Get with one group of indicators and stop bouncing around, that never helps as brain gets lost. You made it this far, keep going.

#2375     Apr 23, 2016
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

On the phone will read when I've got the chart up laters.

Method is looking like the best fit of all available options, waiting for better clusters and setups and micro managing losses are the next issues to solve, after being my balls back to take trades lol

Not trading half asleep on 5hrs sleep also key :)

#2376     Apr 23, 2016
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Damn I feel utterly dead, no sleep, hassly kids and maybe ill :(

No trades yet, wait for pain killers to kick in first I guess!!

Little bit of live testing I've done, ( watching but wussing ), is working great, 24BB range lower tested and bounced up as it should.

Top of the 8 channel, which would be a TP and Short point, lets see how that goes I guess.

Going higher, okay seeing the logic in slow motion, weeeeeeee!!

IF 24 is up, then take pull backs to low 8.

IF 24 if Flat then expect Chop, play the 24 range.

70 entry +30 here :( sucks!!!

#2377     Apr 25, 2016
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Yeah, punched through and kept going.

Mission for today, improve the rules to filter out low probabilty trades!!

#2378     Apr 25, 2016
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Been one of the few really good trend days. had the "Kiss of Death" signal at the highs "H&S", not one where I load up triple size, but 50% more. It tough with Dax as doesn't have the volume as ES, I never will take more than 10% volume of any one minute bar, many will argue that I could trade more and they be right, but I never want to cause my own slippage getting out. I traded other markets as well Crude Oil, Gold, Bund, Euro and ES, but mainly concentrating on Dax at night. But when you have a trade screaming "slap in da face" I have to take it. I not gone to sleep, have sour stomach.

#2379     Apr 25, 2016
    beginner66 likes this.
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

Made some good $$'s then ??

1 trade, played the range, range failed -$60

Then got tasked :( missed the down entry with that move down.

Still trying to get head ( that's all fuzzy ) around a few things at the moment!

Accepting and controlling tight losses again, I'm better leaving them on, but doesn't work longer term as something will slap you too hard, but hey, all part of the fun.

#2380     Apr 25, 2016