Need somewhere to think out loud,

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Turveyd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Handle123

Handle123

My Target is 11 ticks unless chart telling me time to get out before.

#2361     Apr 20, 2016
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

I seem to get $50 alot so similar.

Liking my tweaks, made some back -60 area on the day, out and about phone trading.

#2362     Apr 20, 2016
  3. Handle123

Handle123

How you say Ka-ching, Ka-ching, Ka-ching, Ka-ching, on the way up?

When the 18 is sloping hard, take retracements off the 9 or 10 what you using.

#2363     Apr 20, 2016
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Right 2 different market types issue, use wrong 1 expect losses.

1. 24sma range based, itll bang its head and bounce around both, low volume fast movement.

2. Im in 6sma envelope ranges, play the direction if strong and the ranges, if trending 0.04 should hold, if 6 goes flat the range extends to 0.08.

No trades, mad day, having a study day.

#2364     Apr 21, 2016
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

24BB 2.2 works better for 24s range.

If i call the wrong market, i still want okay odds on a profit, lower obviously and lesser profit wise.

#2365     Apr 21, 2016
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

No trades today, rough day all round :(

Liking the 24 2.2 BB.

Yes, I'm bolting together, different methods which weren't quite enough to work all the time on there own, trying to find the right combination of those which had some merit, but not enough on there own.

Work tomorrow, pretty free next week.

#2366     Apr 21, 2016
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Too tired, confidence shot from those last setups that failed, just watched setup work perfectly :( went +$100 to lol

Still trying to pick bottoms in a downtrend, but failinng to pick tops in an uptrend, that 1 that blew through is what i fear.

Bb 24 speed upto 18 2.2 fitting perfectly.

Will dax now lower 18 bb is flat reverse upward or break down, 8s pretty flat to.

-$31 on the week here, not the dream, but not enough tomcare about.

Lack of sleep, daughter CRAZY issues, work ruining my ability to think straight :(

#2367     Apr 22, 2016
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Lower held ( no chart up ), double bottom to, next move up took out upper, so expect trend join near 8sma and ride it.

Lets see if that holds out lol

#2368     Apr 22, 2016
  9. Handle123

Handle123

More volatility than usual on Dax, had to increase mental risk, also trade BB and retrace trades on QEC and QJY . I have rules if price not hitting BB on S/R trades, I consider them weak and cut back size, most of time that works to my favor and often times have to lock in one tick faster. I always use 3 bar time stops to either lock in one tick or make that my New target at end of 3 bars if trade in negative.

See if I can get an hour of sleep

#2369     Apr 22, 2016
  10. Handle123

Handle123

I didn't wake up to trade more Dax or currencies, too pooped, traded usually ES.

Friday's = Get In, Get Out, Goodbye made my small Goals and reduced size.

Kiss of Death refers to patterns at end of moves, they often happen near or within variances of Swing Averages. Current Swing "mean" is 8.00 points in ES, "they" pushed price to trigger stops, reversal bar on high volume, normally I use 3 bar Time Stops, but risk was acceptable to extend time for move down, unlike many, the greatest I can ever make scalping is 3pts as very rigid rules, plus averaging down is added risks. I never recommend to ave down as I know most will never do enough back testing, must have very low losing percentages which often times only Scalpers can do cause length of time in trades is small. I have only known two traders in my lifetime that have over 90% profitable trades, been trading over ten years each that go for homerun profits. I never was able to develop the skills nor the patience to sit there all day with same trade. Enclosed are but half the signals I use to scalp as I make many trades.

Hey all, have a warm happy weekend, me going to Starbucks, O'le.

#2370     Apr 22, 2016