Need some input from proprietary traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by SWScapital, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Thanks for the clarification....(still hard to generate any revenues), but much better than I first thought. I wish you all the best, and we'll be here when you're ready.

Don

#11     Nov 30, 2005
  2. Yes, can we get the name, and how much trading experience do you have to get that kind of buying power offer, or how many years of profitablity did you have?

Congrats, sounds like a good deal to me.

#12     Nov 30, 2005
  3. Say what?! Only 10 minutes a day?

Just curious. May I ask how your performance has been this year? (Please don't tell me to review your >200-page journal.) Specifically, the amount you tend to risk relative to the outcome (on average) and an approximate win/loss ratio. I'm genuinely curious. Of course, I am not asking for any dollar figures, as that is none of my business.

#13     Nov 30, 2005
  4. I'm sure if it were profitable, he'd put more time into it!:p :D

#14     Nov 30, 2005
  5. Sorry cant name drop. Been trading since 2001..in the money since 2003. The offer came from a money manager and analyst who likes my ideas....networking got me the gig.

You guys would be surprised how many trading firms there are out there with positions like this...they just dont advertise..mostly hire through reco`s or networking. A good place to start is to google "trading llc" or something like that...get creative. Start a newsletter showing your performance and give it away....blog your actual trades....if you make money they will find you.

#15     Nov 30, 2005
  6. Our latest boot campers (brand new traders) had a 78% win/loss ratio with an overall (net) win of 2.5 cents per share.

I tend to average about 80% win-loss.

I have another (larger) trading program, but I just post up the smaller (under 10 stocks) to set an example.

Don (sometimes longer than 10 minutes, but that's usually a bad day...)...LOL

#16     Nov 30, 2005
  7. The deal sounds good to me if you are a swing trader, which I think you said you are. Good luck. I wish I could find something similar to your deal. PM me if you dont mind... :)

#17     Nov 30, 2005
  8. Just curious as to what it is you teach in the boot camp. Not the specifics of course but are these new traders and you are teaching them about the market and using indicators or just training on your trading system. Or is it teaching your specific methods and signals for them to use? Again I am not asking for specifics, just in general because my impression was that experienced traders mainly go prop to trade so all they really need to learn is how to use the platofrm for trading and what the rules are so to speak.

#18     Nov 30, 2005
  9. newguy1

newguy1

the place i'm at doesn't churn for commish. I'm totally new, but we're allowed to start holding some positions overnight. Not much size though...its like those places where they start you out at 100 share or 1 lot...you don't really know how much bp you have or anything like that because you are only allowed to do 100 share/1 lot.

But yeah, I guess we are kinda like that. And I posted something before saying my boss wasn't profitable. Well it turns out he is this month. Had some earnings plays I didn't know about and has been up the past week...and that was enough to be green.

Its odd, because we're all playing with his money...none of it is ours. I don't know if its right to call it a prop firm...its just some trading group.

Anyways, good luck to everyone.

#19     Nov 30, 2005
  10. This is a perfect example of (extremely) poor "deals" for anyone. These prop firm OWNERS think they are pulling the proverbial "wool over your eyes."

Just go with me here:

Average decent trader trades 1 Million shares per month.

You can pay .0075 per share with Bright, that equals $7500

Or you can go to IB and trade at .005 per share, that equals $5000.

$2500 per month, that's a mortgage payment!

#20     Nov 30, 2005