Need Some Info

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by XPRO, Oct 22, 2002.

1. XPRO

XPRO

Looking to get into a prop. firm in the NYC area...I have 3 plus years trading with good numbers but recently left my old firm because their system was horrible. Looking to hold some overnight positions and maybe futures down the road. Any help would be much appreciated Gentlemen.....

2. LA ECHO

LA ECHO ECHOtrade

Got any cash?

3. If you got the sheets to back your track record up

majority of firms will take you. There are plenty in NY

Robert

4. XPRO

XPRO

Not going to put any cash up front...tried that and my whole trading style went out the window. Some traders can trade their own $$ some can't..I'm the latter. Turned down Schoney due to the fact that I don't want to hold a stock for less than 4 minutes or a long term position for 24 hrs max. What about FSNY?

5. LA ECHO

LA ECHO ECHOtrade

XPRO- I didnt mean to sound crass I was really just asking where you were coming from. I agree, I know some heavy duty MM's with tons of experience who are quite rich but just wont consider trading their own money. It doesnt make any sense to me but I can respect that perspective.

6. XPRO

XPRO

Chad... No need to be so polite it is a question I get asked quite often. Anyhow I have to belive there are traders from Carlin, Echo or FSNY that read these posts and could give me some help. I don't understand why these places advertise so much and then when you actually contact them there is no response. I may not be a millionaire but grossing 700Kwith 35m shares over two years ain't too bad...especially in this market. This business is so shady somtimes it makes me wonder how some of these places are still in business.

7. LA ECHO

LA ECHO ECHOtrade

Who did you actually contact. I cant imagine not getting any response from my firm. I responded to both of your posts (1 by PM) and I didnt even think you were trying to contact me. As our firm does not generally back traders.

8. xpro,

with that kind of record, you will have NO problems hooking up with a nyc firm.

9. This link might help

tell the firms you have sheets to back up your record
    http://www.daytradingstocks.com/proprietarytrading.html

10. I don't get it? If you have made so much what's the big deal to put up 25k-50k?

#10     Oct 24, 2002