need some help

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Gueco, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Gueco

Gueco

Hi all.

I'm a foreign trader with 3.5 years of experience. The first 2.5 years were very hard but I persisted and in the last year I had a return of almost 100% in my account and a drawdown around 10%.

But my account is small and I cannot live off it without damaging the compounding I need. So I though maybe a prop firm could be interested in someone like me but I'm not really sure if thats true and to be honest I don´t know much about prop firms.

Can anyone help me understand if prop firms are looking for someone in my situation and what kind of deal could I expect?

any help is appreciated

2. blogtrader

blogtrader Guest

I'm also curious about this, can anyone please give an answer?

3. Sure, Many prop firms are interested. Do you have a series 7 license? Do you have $10k to put up as a deposit? If so, you are in business.

Reply if you want more info.

Dennis

4. Gueco

Gueco

I live in Europe, do I need the series 7 to trade for a prop firm ? Is it expensive?

Why do you need the 10k ?

thanks

5. there are some prop firms that accept remote traders, Bright for ex. has some traders in Europe. That is the only firm I heard about that I would take seriously . There is Echo if they do that, not sure about them. Avoid local outfits , probably scams. Otherwise, it will be difficult to get a US visa for trading in a prop shop.

6. Gueco

Gueco

Thanks for your help.

Would I still need the series 7 if I traded remotely from Europe?

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes.