Need some advice

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by heavyhitter78, Nov 15, 2007.

1. I am looking for a software that is something like trade station in regards to their easylanguage option, where I can develop trading strategies without having extensive programming experience or without having to hire someone and deal with all that hassle. I also have to be able to backtest using intraday tick data. Finally have be able to work with the lightspeed api. Is there something like this out there or am I SOL and have to bite the bullet and hire a programmer?

2. SmartQuant appears to be very good & robust. I purchased it a little while back and am beginning to tinker with it and it seems very straight forward.

It's C# .NET based so it isn't too complex. because it is a fairly common language now, in the event you need to hire a programmer, they are easy to find one since pretty much anybody on the Elance site knows C#. I am taking the route of speccing out the system I want and having it coded in India or Russia and then once I have the base system I should be able to modify it as needed.

Lemme know if you have any more question on this.

Eric