Need some advice if I am creating this system correctly?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ambitions2o, Aug 18, 2007.

1. I am new to this forum, however I am very happy I have joined because I have learned a great deal.

I am new to the automated trading system and I have a few questions. I want to build a trading system or maybe it is a stock screener that I will use 5 indicators. What the idea is is that I want to use these indicators to filter the stocks on which ones I should look at according to these indicators.

Am I going down a correct path? I would eventually like to tie this into a system. What software should I be considering?

I right now am following a path they have not taught us in college, but everything seems to be heading this way.

2. Davdse

Davdse

My serious piece of advice - use your own capacities before asking! How can anyone tell you what you need to build?

3. If thats what it sounded like, I apologize that wasn't my intention. I want to know if I have the "right" idea for a trading system. I have been looking at a few that trade systems that use one main idea that they build off of. I would be using multiple indicators, so I do not have one general idea.

4. chvid

chvid

Many successful artificial intelligence pattern recognition algorithms look like what you describe.

Some input data (i.e. a bitmap image) is reduced to a feature vector - a list of say 10 numbers each derived in a highly domain specific from the input data. The feature vector is fed into a classifier - typically linear classifier or maybe a neural net - which does the actual pattern recognition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_(pattern_recognition)