need some advice badly...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dgmodel, Dec 13, 2002.

1. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

so my firm just closed its doors... and i may be screwed out of an office and my money i put up... so what im asking for is some suggestions on what places are hiring currently (with minimum to none of my own capital, and within the midtown area)... thanks in advance for any and all your help...

2. m22au

m22au

What firm is that?

3. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

irrelevant...

4. m22au

m22au

It may be irrelevant to you, but you are wrong if you meant that it is irrelevant to me.

5. I hope someone here can give you advice about how to try to get your money back from your broker.

While you're looking for a new situation, I would suggest opening an account at Interactive Brokers. Will take you about 30 minutes online, should be approved by monday. You would need $2,000 to open the account. After three days you could withdraw money if you needed to. You couldn't use margin if the account goes below $2,000, and you'd have to deal with PDT rules, but you could still trade. You'd be trading from home, the commissions would not kill you, and you wouldn't have to pay desk fees and ECN fees and all the rest that you will pay at a prop firm, and your payout is 100% yours. It will at least keep you in the game until you find another prop firm.

6. Give a call over to Caliber Financial, they only require a $5K initial capital contribution.

7. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

if i put in two thousand what bp do i get to trade with???

8. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

how??? if youd work there youd soon find out, and if didnt you have nothing to worry about, b/c by the time you would have a chance to apply there theyd be out of business... (i dont want to say anything on a public msg board pm after the weekend and ill let you know... it hasnt happend yet however over the weekend come monday it looks like its immenent)

9. If bp means buying power, you get 2:1 margin with a minimum $2,000 maintenance. Below $2,000 no margin.

10. If it hasn't happened yet, I'd focus first on trying to get your money back from them. As soon as possible. They may not actually shut down on monday. The sooner you pull your money out of there the better. Do it while they're still operating.

#10     Dec 13, 2002