need size? auto-quoting up to 100mio on all majors

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by 2cents, Feb 2, 2006.

1. 1in10 - we r talking abt hotspotfxi here, not hotspotfx the retail platform, my counterparties there r citifx etc. hotspotfxi is pure ecn

taboni - we can get "guaranteed" fills 1-click ESP for up to 20mio on most majors at a long enough list of "generally ok" single dealer brokers (acm, saxo etc), thats not a problem, and as i said we can punch 50mio showing only 5 or 10 at a time on numerous ecns, thats not a problem either.

as for BARX, am happy to be wrong, but they say "auto-quote ESP up to 100 mio" and there is only 1 way i am going to read that... got a call into them, but not sure they'll want / like my business... appreciate any inputs as always...

#11     Feb 2, 2006
  2. so thats what how the new DB platform works, they don't simply quote u VWAP 'rates'?? honestly i didn't demo it but had a look, to me it looked just like they were offering FXALL + ECNx + ECNy + their prop liquidity on a VWAP basis... but if they say "auto-quote"... didn't see that...

#12     Feb 2, 2006
  3. taboni

taboni

Hotspot retail is a true ECN. Since you as a retail trader don't have credit with the banks quoting the rates, you are trading on Hotspot's credit. Hence, technically they are the counterparty to the trade. You see their name, and the bank sees their name.
    The same is true when you trade with a prime broker on an ECN. Technically the prime broker is the counterparty not you.

#13     Feb 2, 2006
  4. taboni sir - my apologies, u were correct that deutsche's latest release of autobahnFX offers "laddered" pricing the way u explained... guess i'd had too many beers, or grumpy coz i didn't make even 1cent on ECB / Trichet last nite despite swinging quite a bit of size... its in the same e-forex jan 2006 edition, p8...

they seem to allow at least up to 50mio 1-click on eurusd (3pips)& usdjpy (5pips), and 30 on gbpusd (6pips), perhaps more, the ad doesn't mention any limits... thats interesting... also the client can customize according to the set of qties he'd like to play with, say show me yr 1-click ESP spreads for usdjpy 10 25 35 50mio sort of thing!... very smart

#14     Feb 3, 2006
  5. taboni

taboni

No worries. BTW it seems to me that Deutsche's prices have widened a touch across the board to go along with their new ladder pricing.

#15     Feb 3, 2006
  6. agree but still fairly decent i find!

#16     Feb 3, 2006