Need Series 7 tutor

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by elephshoe, Jul 29, 2006.

1. I am paying attention, just like to give out free info, I'm sure someone will benefit from the info I provided.

I am suspicious that he has some affiliation with the link he provided.

#21     May 13, 2008
  2. :p

#22     May 13, 2008
  3. Don't waste money on a tutor.

Brokers are not the brightest bunch of people you will ever meet, and most of them did not pay for tutoring, yet they all managed to pass their 7.

#23     May 14, 2008
  4. from my experience there is no truth to this statement - out of approximately 20 people I know who took the exam only 2-3 have failed on their first try (although I have heard elsewhere that the failure rate is somewhere around 30-40% for first-timers). I put in at least 100 hrs. (using STC materials; 2-3 hours a night reading + 3-4 full weekend days drilling CDs) and passed "comfortably" on my first try. Honestly, if you can't spend 100 hours studying for the test, the duration of the exam itself is going to take a toll on you. You should get to the point of being able to study 6-7 hours at a time (I preferred drilling the CD's as you will feel more comfortable when the monitor is staring back at you)....why spend 40-50 hours preparing only to have to take the exam again...I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

read book
    drill CD
    print out each answer you get wrong
    read book again
    locate things you are getting wrong in book and understand why
    drill CD again until you achieve consistent 90%
    get good night's sleep
    pass exam

I wish I would have realized that this thread was 2 years old prior to posting :) (although some noob that figures out how to use the search function may find it useful in the future)

#24     May 14, 2008
  5. i failed the exam not too long ago, so i need to find a series 7 tutor. any tips?

#25     Aug 11, 2009
  6. You gotta be kidding me? Failed?? I took it years ago and got a 91 and I did study but it wasn't HARD. Just study!

#26     Aug 11, 2009
  7. well don't laugh or anything, it happens. know of a tutor? i guess i am just one of those people that needs help. i heard half of the people that take the exam fail the first time... i know i should study more though. i'm guessing i've already studied a hundred hours for the test.

#27     Aug 11, 2009
  8. lassic

lassic

wonder if the originator of this thread eventually passed the test

#28     Aug 11, 2009
  9. I'm not laughing at you, all I'm saying is you just have to study (and for real). Its gonna take many hours but the test is NOT hard. If you take the studying seriously and learn the material the test is fairly straightforward. I understand failing if you don't study because many of the ques are just FACT BASED. If you don't know the facts, then you don't know the facts. Doesn't matter how smart you are in that case.

You don't need a tutor, you just need to set aside 4-5 hours a day for a 4 weeks. If you do that, and study with a concentrated effort, you should pass fairly easily the next time.

#29     Aug 11, 2009
  10. I will be your tutor, if anyone needs one.

I have never taken Series 7, or 8 or 9 or 10, but I know the basic ways of dealing with an exam that is based on a single book. There is no easier exam than that.

When I took an exam, I usually answered 99% of the questions correctly. For the 1% I was considered incorrect, it was often a matter of disagreement. If I made the key, it would be my answer being correct.

By the way, I don't understand why traders need to pass this exam. If it is a broker, he may need it to explain something to customers. But the way ES moves is totally independent of how much you know about option. I know nothing about option, and I don't want to know option, and I will never even want to touch option. There are enough moving things in the market that produces money for you.

#30     Aug 11, 2009