Need Series 7 tutor

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by elephshoe, Jul 29, 2006.

1. G-Boa

G-Boa

I've been studying for the test for about 3 months now - and it's definitely no joke. I worked through the Dearborn License Exam Manual (15th edition) and did every question in the book, read every word. I've just completed working through the cd test questions - which has given me a better handle on the content of the book. I have to start doing the Exam Practice (125 question) tests. I still don't feel ready for the state exam yet.

My friend's dad is a stockbroker and he mentioned that only around 10 - 15% pass the first time. He failed the first time too.

Anyway, keep at it and good luck!!

#11     Dec 29, 2006
  2. Arnie - while it may not have taken you near 100 hours, that is a fairly accurate statement that 100+ hours is 'normal'. So, for the OP or another newbie reading this, plan to study and study hard. Better to study hard once and pass, then restudy trying to pass the test over and over again.

FYI - when I was studying to be a stockbroker and needed my 7, the firm I worked for paid us to study at home for THREE MONTHS. And I was at it much more than 40 hours per week. This firm gave you one shot to pass it. If you didn't pass you were fired. That was a lot of pressure, but it was worth it as I passed with no problem as a direct result from studying hard.

#12     Dec 29, 2006
  3. jcohen918

jcohen918

signed up for STC class in jersey Jan 8-12. i was so pissed off and came home last night after the exam and took another practice exam, scored a 92. I guess I can only ask of myself to know the information put in front of me first time around. but I highly reccomend no one use investopedia.com prac exams / online quizzer. Half the material will be on the real test.

#13     Dec 29, 2006
  4. GGSAE

GGSAE

Do you have anything to verify this stat, i don't believe that for a second.

#14     Dec 29, 2006
  5. G-Boa

G-Boa

no, just hearsay - the stat for florida.

#15     Dec 29, 2006
  6. jcohen918

jcohen918

it prints out at the bottom of your exam score sheet what the %'s are. as of yesterday it said between March 2005 and ept 2006 these are the stats:

64% pass the first time

72% is avg score

#16     Dec 29, 2006
  7. Odds are he is just trying to make sure you study hard. That kind of a pass rate is not realistic over all test takers. Maybe at that firm... If so, do NOT use their study materials! LOL.

#17     Dec 30, 2006
  8. John S.

John S.

Hi,

I would suggest that you check out www.empirestockbroker.com for Series 7 tutoring. They were extremely helpful with me passing the exam and their instructors are great. Their tests and the ones from STC are the ones that are the closest to the real exam. Additionally, they wrote the Series 7 Exam for Dummies book. :D

#18     May 13, 2008
  9. Or just go to isohunt.com and d/l the STC Videos for free. :) Series 7 Exam for Dummies is there too with interactive tests.

#19     May 13, 2008
  10. Surdo

Surdo

Why are you guys responding to a 1 1/2 year old thread, PAY ATTENTION to detail!

#20     May 13, 2008