Need recommendation on good European econ. news web sites

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Happy Hopping, Oct 8, 2011.

1. I need something of the equivalent of Marketwatch, or CNN.Money or Yahoo Finance that covers European economics, in particular Germany, Italy, Spain. But I need those large web sites to be in English.

Any1?

2. A Fistful of Euros has links all over the place to different sites. Just browsing through those should get you to some site along the lines you're looking for.

3. trelco

trelco

4. A fistful of euros seems to be a very small web site. But I notice it's based out of Stockholms, so I assume those are european writers.

As to Spiegel, I have been to that web site before, their set up is very much like reuters. I guess I have to settle for this 1 then.

I am really hoping for a web site like Marketwatch.com of Europe, that doesn't talk about regular news, just econ/financial news. Thanks for the link guys

5. m22au

m22au

6. morganist

morganist Guest

voxeu might be more what you are looking for. It is not necessarily current news but academic style writing.

7. Well, I wasn't really talking about the blog itself, just the long list of links over on the side. Somewhere in there there must be something. (Der Spiegel is there, for instance. Seems to be some others in the news links they have listed, haven't checked them out myself.)

8. I didn't realize FT is charging $$ to read news. Who still go for that these days?

9. Sorry about that. I see them now. I'll check them 1 at a time. But here's a concern, these web sites that most of us haven't heard of, how do we know what they say is true. I randomly click 1, get this:

http://www.eurointelligence.com/

where do these fairy tales come from? Not unless Angela Merkel suffers from a severe case of PMS. And When I click the link, they said it's for reg. user only.