Need quote provider

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Toonces, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Toonces

Toonces

I'm looking for a real time quote provider that offers a quote window with these fields: % change since open, and % change extended hours (for example, if it's 5PM EDT, how much has this security changed since 4 PM). eSignal is the only quote provider I know of that has % change extended hours (which it calls form t change %) but they don't have % change since open. I know of a few that offer the exact opposite. I'd prefer to have one that offers both.

2. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Hi Toonces,

Actually, you can set-up % change since Open in an eSignal Quote window. First you add % change as a column header. Next you right-click on % Change and scroll down to Compute Change. There you can have the calculation be based on the previous close or today's open. If you wanted to see both versions, simply add the column twice and vary the compute change setting. Don't forget to save!

This also applies to net change as well.

Cheers.

3. eSignal,
    Do you have Change from Previous High/Low columns?

4. but INET ( Island ) website shows this data

and its free of charge

5. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

Meaning the change from yesterday's high/low? If so, no we do not. This FAQ outlines the fields available in eSignal (not all are applicable to each instrument type). Using these fields, you can set-up DDE links and have Excel do all sorts of calculations.

Thanks.