Need Prop Firm for Overnights - Mostly

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by EliteTraderNYC, Jan 18, 2012.

1. anjtrader

anjtrader

That's what is good about a pairs strategy. It's more about capital "usage".

That same 25,000 account might use 500k in pairs. 250k long and 250k short spread over 20 pairs. So thats maybe 500 shares per position and your risk is less.

Reading on pairs now and finding it very interesting.

#11     Jan 22, 2012
  2. hitnrun

hitnrun

don @ bright trading has said numerous times over the years that they can offer a trader up to 1 million in daytrading buying power for a 20k risk deposit

#12     Jan 23, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

50 to 1?

Wowsers. They really like to let it ride in Vegas. All or nothing baby! It's a good thing there are 35 pawn shops within 2 blocks of Bright head quarters. :)

#13     Jan 23, 2012
  4. hitnrun

hitnrun

that is the word on the street anyway

everyone can't offer 10 mil in bp for their traders like the prop firms in chicago

oh right different model

#14     Jan 23, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I was being facetious. I know what Don offers and he DOES NOT over guys with 20k that much buying power. He offers a few guys who have more capital in their accounts who have been with the firm for a while close to that. Most guys get a small fraction of that. You need to be able to read jokes better. I thought the pawn shop line might have clued you in, but guess not.

#15     Jan 23, 2012
  6. hitnrun

hitnrun

i get it . you got your panties in a bunch again lol

you have to get out of the house more often & get some action

#16     Jan 23, 2012
  7. Actually the Gun Store is in the same parking lot. Pawn Stars is about 4 miles away (yeah, I know what you meant, LOL).

As we know, the "using" of $550k or $1mil is done by some, mainly for openings or MOC plays.

And, as you know, we keep pretty good risk control. Most are slowed down at 20 to one or so overnight hedged, lower for directional of course. Still works for most to have access to the capital.

Don

#17     Jan 23, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don, seriously, do you really think it's a good idea to have your prop firm located right next store to a gun store? Do you? :)

#18     Jan 23, 2012
  9. With a bar in between...what could go wrong? LOL.

The Gun Store (http://thegunstorelasvegas.com/)

Casa di Amore Bar and restaurant.
    http://www.casadiamore.com/

Parking Lot

Bright Trading building

All within 50 feet of each other. We used to have traders go shoot the 50Cal Machine gun on bad days.

Don

#19     Jan 23, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Jesus Don. That gun store is serious business. More machine guns there then in a Mexican drug cartel. And you've got the mafia restaurant next door. No wonder LeapUp wanted to join Bright.

You guys do things differently in Vegas don't you.

#20     Jan 23, 2012