Need performance opinion

Discussion in 'Trading' started by hmap1, Mar 17, 2003.

1. hmap1

hmap1

Okay, thanks. I will have to try to factor that in someway without missing winners. Thanks for the input. -m

#11     Mar 17, 2003
  2. hmap1

hmap1

Here is an attachment of the equity curve and monthly P/L.

Please understand that none of this is mean't to brag, for I think it is a good system but I know there are much much better out there. This one just falls into my risk tollerance. I have been working on it for a long time and wanted to post to get feedback before I go live because I am conidering to do so soon. Thanks again.

#12     Mar 17, 2003
  3. The system says 134 days between peaks but the equity curve doesn't seem to match it. If you can handle trading that much, which I'm not sure how without auto-execution, the numbers do look decent.

#13     Mar 17, 2003
  4. hmap1

hmap1

My plan is using Tradestation 7 which is supposed to give you auto executions without confirmation for futures.

#14     Mar 17, 2003
  5. This is a poor situation. I don't mean the gee whiz type graph.

You need to get back to the drafting boards.

#15     Mar 17, 2003
    #16     Mar 17, 2003
  7. If your system doesnot have at least 70% of winners, I do not think it is suitable for a new trader.
    Walter

#17     Mar 17, 2003
  8. hmap1

hmap1

Thanks for the input, but this is strictly automated. I plan on no deviation from the plan. I have enough experience under my belt to know the importance of a plan. So you are saying I need a buffer for inexperience?

#18     Mar 17, 2003
  9. hmap1

hmap1

I do appreciate the feedback. I didn't want this to be a cheerleading thread. This is good. -m

#19     Mar 17, 2003
  10. In the past i have traded, and have seen traded, numerous mechanical systems and none of them had the same performance results as when backtested. Results were invariably 10-20% worse as far as profits go.
    I do not know your experience as trading this system with real money but I was assuming that you have not traded this system yet , so yes, you and everyone else also need buffer for inexperience.
    It is my opinion that you should consider yourself lucky if you will be having 42% winners with this system.
    Walter

#20     Mar 17, 2003