Need opinions on virus/trojan attack last night

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by DeltaSpread, Jan 19, 2011.

1. CET

CET

I did not like that either, but you can easily solve that problem. Just run MSCONFIG and uncheck SuperAntiSpyware in the Startup tab.

#11     Jan 19, 2011
  2. ammo

ammo

delete java and adobe and reload them,most viruses won't attack a mac so they may have connected to a common download you have....delete facebook also and reload

#12     Jan 19, 2011
  3. schizo

schizo

Format your HD and install a sandbox like Deep Freeze. You merely need to reboot your computer to revert back to your original configuration. Once installed, any subsequent changes to your computer will be wiped out.

If you're REALLY paranoid, then I suggest you install VMware inside Deep Freeze. Kinda silly idea but it's practically fail-proof.

Using separate terminal for trading just ain't good enough IMO. There's always a chance for the baddies to creep in, be it your negligence or not. Even your trustworthy broker can mess things up you (remember Ameritrade?).

#13     Jan 19, 2011
  4. Thanks everyone for all of your great input and ideas. I greatly appreciate you taking time out to post in the thread

#14     Jan 20, 2011
  5. if he deletes facebook then they won't be able to IPO.

#15     Jan 20, 2011
  6. ammo

ammo

shouldn't be on facebook anyway

#16     Jan 20, 2011
  7. MACS dont get virus, I would not worry. That why I trade on a Macintosh Pro tower. Sucker is fast as shit, trading platform and assorted applications run lightning speed and no risk of virus/trojans or bluescreen of deaths.

Why not trade on your Mac? even TWS runs on a Mac.

#17     Jan 20, 2011
  8. will quote tracker run on a mac?

#18     Jan 20, 2011
  9. #19     Jan 23, 2011